“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 503 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've been to Bombay Brasserie with my husband for dinner. The restaurant is very lovely decorated. The staff are very friendly. They too many dishes to select from so I asked the waiter for recommendations and they were good. I would defiantly go to there again. Hope you find my picture interesting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Yelverton, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for a birthday celebration!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Bombay for a birthday celebration.
They were very welcoming and the table was set beautifully!
We were a large group and the staff were very accommodating.
Food came out fairly quickly and it was delicious.
The staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble.
The restaurant was busy for most of the time we were there which is always a good sign!
When the bill came I was so surprised how cheap it was I had to check they hadn't missed anything off!
When we left the owner stood by the door and shook all our hands.
I Would go back to the Bombay time and time again.
Outstanding service, friendly atmosphere and lovely food.
My only tiny problem with it was there was a definite draft and I felt a bit cold.
It did not take away from a wonderful evening.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food with the most friendly service in Devon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

For an unsatisfied customer who couldnt even spell 'waste' correctly, it was difficult taking them seriously so having come to Plymouth on a business trip, I booked the hotel across the road I thought I'd give this restaurant a try as per the recommendation of the lovely girl who works in its reception. It was a darn good thing that I ignored what in effect was a false review as having eaten there now, I can honestly say that the food I was recommended was probably one of the most delicious I've had for many years not to mention the quick and friendly service. Mark my words, the korai with lamb, garlic king prawns and aubergine bhajee were to die for and thus I couldn't but help but to write my my first ever review given what I had read before I went there on this site and it was only fair that i did so. I was also informed that these customers who apparently wrote the below review came in drunk, asked for free pappadoms and got foul mouthed when they weren't given any. Their friends came in half an hour later and started using even worse language when their food didn't come out at the same time as their friends what had ordered half an hour before they did. Drunk youths I suppose. I've now learned to ignore such reviews as this one especially, made me nearly go elsewhere for my meal. Thank the girl in reception I didn't eh! Great place to eat and I highly recommend it to anyone. Ask for recommendations and you can't go wrong. I'm now looking forward to going back there in the summer with my family.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Mombay Brasserie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lovely surrounding, imaginative decor and very friendly and helpful staff. Sadly, the food did not really measure up. Definitely not a memorable meal. There was an extensive menu and may be we just made the wrong choices.

• Visited March 2013
Devon
1,272 reviews 1,272 reviews
5,631 helpful votes 5,631 helpful votes
“Bombay Brasserie as was.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The name was changed a year or more ago because of a trade mark or registered name issue. This thread ought to be consolidated with the Plymouth listing for Bombay Brasserie and the proper newer name applied to all the reviews because there has been no change of management or ownership. We give the Mombay Brasserie an average vote because we have had good and less good experiences. It's decor is getting slightly dated and is within the glitz curry house genre. The food is from the routine canon. Nothing spectacular or innovative. We have been served very well here but also witnessed one of two absolute service disasters.

• Visited October 2012