“Great idea, relaxed friendly informative and fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 118 Nightlife in Plymouth
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Lounge, Wine Retailer, Wine Education.
Plymouth, UK
18 attraction reviews
“Great idea, relaxed friendly informative and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Having walked past several times we decided to pop in for am hour whilst waiting for an appointment elsewhere in RWY and I have to say we were very impressed, hubby isn't much of a wine drinker but they do have a limited amount of alternative beers (not an issues as it is a wine bar!) the card idea is very novel however we soon found that we were ordering by the glass! This is a great opportunity to try different wines both for the novice and the more experienced wine drinker you are given a plastic card that you insert into various machines before selecting a taster, small or large glass of numerous red and whites they have bubbly as well although this is only available by the glass, whilst we were there several other guests tried the traditional tapas that looked amazing will will certainly try it next time! Staff are friendly and knowledgeable I'm just disappointed that it took so long for us to give it a try! Awesome for a girls night out or relaxed afternoon drinkies!

Visited March 2014
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, so glad you enjoyed your visit. We've just updated our tapas menu and our beer selection so I look forward to hearing your feedback next time!

Saltash, England
16 attraction reviews
“Great way to learn about and taste new wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I visited Le Vignoble for the first time this evening and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I didn't pre-load a card and instead went on pay as you go. Every time you enter the card to dispense a wine the machine displays your running total so it was dead easy to see how much I had spent. the wines in the dispensers were a super range of regions, grapes and styles so there is something for everyone. Some cheaper, some less so but at from 60p for a 25ml taster it meant I could taste some wines I would never consider buying without it breaking the bank.

I was there about 3 hours in total and tasted many wines (lost count but at least 10) and the evening cost me about £17.

There was a small group of people that had pre-arranged a tasting evening in the bar and they were treated to a superb talk by the owner about wine and wine-tasting basics. He is a great presenter and I listening in. I would say if you have a group that are interested in wine then book a tasting session. Everyone seemed to be very much enjoying the evening... as was I!

Obviously this is a wine store as well as a wine bar so they want you to buy bottles to take home but there was never any pressure to buy and the emphasis was totally on tasting, learning and enjoying the wine and experience.

The owners are very knowledgeable and very helpful and enthusiastic. I really do not understand the few negative comments. If you like wine and want to experience some great wines without it costing the earth then this is for you. If you are looking for a restaurant, pub or traditional wine bar experience then you will be disappointed.

Highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review we really appreciate the support.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Best wine in Plymouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

A really unusual concept that works so well. You put money on your card and then try as many wines as you want from the automated dispensers. All the wines are well described and there is a huge choice. The atmosphere is always good and the owner is very friendly. They sell charcuterie and cheese boards and you can also buy bottles to take away. Great location and Mrs H and I say it's the best wine bar in Plymouth.

Visited August 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks for your review Mark, it's great to here such positive feedback.
Cannes, France
“Great venue for good wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I love the idea of this place. Had a really lovely time, and some great rosé! Would love it even more if the ambiance changed a little for the eve. Some dim lighting and music would get the wine juices flowing ;-). All in all a great place to go.

Visited June 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review, so glad you enjoyed your visit. We did agree with you and have now changed our evening lighting, I look forward to hearing your feedback next time you pop in!
Plymouth, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“BECOMING A HOT-SPOT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a good place to start or finish an evening or if you like have a day time platter of food with a couple of glasses of wine. Buy yourself a card to charge up and select whatever takes your fancy from the 16 wines Yannick and Naomi have put up for the purpose. Alternatively try a bottle of your own selection. You will find that your credit runs out very quickly on your card if you're the only one in your group who is a regular. I have noticed quite a few of local Plymouth media celebs getting in there recently perhaps because it is looked upon as a cool location. It is a very appropriate addition to the businesses encouraged by Urban Splash at R W Yard.

Visited September 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for such a lovely review, we really appreciate the support.