“Quelle bonne idée!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 118 Nightlife in Plymouth
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Lounge, Wine Retailer, Wine Education.
Hobart, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Quelle bonne idée!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love good wine. I need good wine. I have lamented for years why it is so difficult, except for a few good restaurants, to find a range of good wine in a city the size of Plymouth. The arrival of le Vignoble is most welcome. The concept of keeping numerous bottles open under nitrogen is brilliant. Being able to purchase different volumes to either taste (25 ml) or drink (125 or 175 ml serves) provides the unique opportunity for some serious wine exploration as a group or by oneself. Owner Yannick is also on hand to provide his expert knowledge. Several styles are available, and from around the world. Wines are available for purchase to take home. I look forward to my next visit to Plymouth.

Visited July 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate your support. Lots of new wines added to the list recently so I look forward to your feedback on your next visit.

“Le Vignoble = Triomphe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stumbled across this place whilst exploring Royal William Yard and decided to give it a go. It's a novel idea and we like trying new places and love our wine so why not. The staff are very friendly and explain the concept and how it works. Basically you are given a card to insert into the machines to access your chosen wine, you can run a tab which means leaving your card with the Manager and you pay at the end or you can put credit onto the card and spend at your leisure! We found it fun and the array of wines is amazing, contrary to other reviews I found the atmosphere to be quite pleasant, could have stayed longer if time permitted. It's a great way to explore new wines and expand your knowledge, I would recommend at least giving it a go. I am planning on returning with my partner and trying a cheese platter with our wine and getting my girlfriends down here one evening before or after our meal? I would like to mention my partner is in a wheelchair, the access was fine just a small step to negotiate but we would struggle to move around inside if it got a bit busy but hey ho, lots of room outside and an accessible bathroom. We appreciate not everywhere can accommodate all of the time. It won't stop us returning though.

Visited June 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for writing such a lovely review, it's wonderful to hear. We really appreciate your support.
4 attraction reviews
“What a fantastic place & idea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I was really blown away by Le Vignoble, the idea is simple. You either give them your payment card and you can just use one of the automated cards and pay at the end or you load credit onto a card and keep getting wine until it runs out. You get to keep the card so any unused credit is there for your next visit! Simple. There is a selection of 36 different wines all in enuomatic machines, you put your card in and can either have a sample, small or large glass or if your really like it buy a bottle.

The wine ranges from £1 for a sample to £43 a glass so there is a mix for everyone, the cheese / meat platters you can have to accompany for wine is also very nice.

We are hooked now and will be going back!

Visited May 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, so glad you enjoyed your visit!
United kingdom
113 attraction reviews
2,167 helpful votes 2,167 helpful votes
“Liked it so much we got one for home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Last year I reviewed Le Vignoble. My major reservation was the less than relaxed feel. But I did like the wine dispenser.Most wine tasting bars we have been to just have lots of open bottles on the bar. We have been back a couple of times since and still liked the idea that we could have good wine kept at optimum temperature and used in perfect condition whenever. So I decided to get one for home. There are several different makes with some different features but the one we got for our kitchen was called a Dacor Discovery WineStation.holds four bottles of any size. Very good but we will probably go back to Vignoble because their big one seems to hold a dozen or more bottles in their circular one and lots more in the flat long one. Vignoble taught us a useful way of enjoying wines at their best wines at their best.

Visited April 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review, glad you like the concept and hope you're enjoying the machine.
317 attraction reviews
2,555 helpful votes 2,555 helpful votes
“Bit of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Not encountered anywhere like this before. Lights bright enough to light an operating table.Some expensive wines - and a few cheaper. Complicated card system. Some low bucket chairs. the leader of our gang bought some credit on her card. We all drank wines dispensed through little tubes ssuckking it from bottles and squirting it frothily into our glasses as if from a pressured optic. we managed three of so each. the novelty got us p to speed quicker than shots in a pub and we were able to move on in good spirits. one day I may come back and work out what it was really all about. Good luck to the management who have obiously hit on a novelty. Made me think of modern day drinking game for 30 somethings and beyond.

Visited May 2013
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review and glad you enjoyed your visit. We've since changed our lighting and extended our range of wines so I look forward to your feedback.