“Good option for a lunch venue whilst shopping.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 527 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Barbecue, Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Chicken Wings
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Home of Britain's Biggest Burger! JDs Grill the best American Restaurant in Plymouth! Serving delicious gourmet burgers and American influenced food in a cool, fresh and modern environment.With over 30 burgers to choose from you will surely find your perfect match. However if burgers are not your thing then do not worry, we have a huge range of American influenced foods that will surely tempt your tastebuds. All our produce is locally sourced wherever possible. All our burgers are freshly prepared on site. We only use Local butchers who use local farms so we can trace all our meats directly back to the farm So why wait? Book your table at JDs Grill NOW! In order to stay fresh with whats happening at JDs Grill Restaurant Plymouth, follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook. We now offer home smoked ribs and wings!!!
Totnes, United Kingdom
“Good option for a lunch venue whilst shopping.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This makes a change from the eating places that I have tried in Plymouth. I would visit again. Good service and the food was far better than I was expecting. Would have liked to try a desert but couldn't manage it, perhaps another time. :D

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
moses1982, Manager at Jd's Grill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for the good review that you posted about you recent visit, Hope that we see you agian on your next shopping trip.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We visited this place after initially being excited at having an authentic American grill in Plymouth and then seeing a good deal on Groupon. Appearance wise it ticks all the boxes and is everything that you would expect your typical Amercian diner to look like but it was mostly down hill after this. At first we were nearly denied entry to use our Groupon voucher as we hadn't booked ahead, fair enough but it was early on a Sunday and only 2 tables actually had guests at them!! Not a problem though as we did get in eventually as common sense prevailed.

We both had the burgers which lets face it is the main attraction at a place like this and this is were the problem lies. Although yes they might be big but that's not everything for a burger. It was extremely dry and tastless to be honest and a huge let down.

Despite the food being a huge disappointment the staff were very effiecient and friendly (once we were allowed in) The key question after visiting any new restaurant is Would you go again? The answer to that sadly is no, not even with another Groupon deal. Shame it didn't live up to it's hype really.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
moses1982, Manager at Jd's Grill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the restaurant. I was saddened to read that we did not live up to your expectations. I have addressed the kitchen with your comments about the burger and have checked that nothing has changed in the recipe and cooking process.
Despite there being empty tables when you arrived this does not mean that they have not been booked in advance by other clients and the floor staff will endeavor when possible to accommodate all walk in business.
Plymouth
“Fantastic Food, Great Choice, Attentive Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went for the first time last week after my Wife and Step Son raved about their visit earlier in the week.
I didn't know what to expect but had high expectations after being pressganged into going.
I was very pleasantly surprised!
The choice of food is fantastic - the burgers are hand made and virtually every topping you could think of is available - I went for the half pounder (their smallest burger) with monterey jack and jalapenos topping - absolutely sublime!
The atmosphere is pleasant, the staff attentive and friendly.

If you find yourself in need of a semi American themed feed, don't hesitate.

Good value, excellent food, great service - can't recommend highly enough really.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
moses1982, Manager at Jd's Grill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Your positive feed back is much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to post it. Hope to see you agin soon so you can try some more of our larger meals.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great food, competitive prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went for lunch here on Christmas Eve with my son, having been twice before for dinner (once with my husband and once with University colleagues). Lunch was a great value, fixed price menu, and despite my son's first choice being unavailable what we did have was lovely.
My dinner on the two previous occasions i visted was also good. Service is attentive but not in your face, staff are cheerful and knowledgeable.
Decor is also good - although more baseball and a bit less football please! (we are all baseball fans in our family). My son also loves superhero comics so the artwork was a bonus for him.
If you like American down-home-cooking style food then this is the place to go - NOT just a burger bar by any means. The meatloaf with mustard mash and greens is probably the ultimate in comfort food :) If I have one criticism it is that the beer is a bit pricey - although its nice to be able to get Canadian beer.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
moses1982, Manager at Jd's Grill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Another good review from a valued customer, thanks for taking the time to comment on your experience, hope to see you again soon.
“Best burger bar EVER! Fact!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been to JD's about 6 times now and have never had cause to feel dissatisfied in anyway. The staff are friendly and helpful, the tables are clean and comfortable and the food.... Delicious! I have and will recommend this burger bar to anyone! Friends I have recommended it to have been and said how delicious the food was - and very reasonably priced too!
Nom nom see you again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
moses1982, Manager at Jd's Grill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent visit, we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed the experience and look forward to seeing you again.