“'Not another one !'” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 19 hotels in Plymouth
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“'Not another one !'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is located within walking distance from pubs and restaurants and, if interested, Bingo !!!.
The hotel has no parking but there are 2 car parks to choose from, one at £6 for an overnight stay, this is like parking on a bombsite, the other is £8 for over night stays, both are only 2 mins walk.
Would be good to be offered subsidised or free parking.
I didn't see anyone on reception, using the auto check-in instead, even when going out and returning there was no one on reception.
The room was clean, the bed was lovely and comfy but, like the last Travelodge I used, there was a kick in the toilet door !! - is it a design thing ??
Overall, I would use this hotel again so long as the prices do not increase...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a passing out parade at Hms Raliegh, the rooms were nicely decorated and exceptionally clean and met our needs for a two night stay. The hotel is in the centre of Plymouth and within easy reach of all the bars and restaurants, I had read on here that the hotel was noisy, our room looked out onto the main road and we were not aware of any excessive noise from the clubs and bars. The staff on reception were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The location was idea for our needs as we were only about 5-10 minutes drive from the Torpoint ferry which takes you over the river to Hms Raliegh. I would most definitely stay here again if visiting the area, my only negative comment is that they don't do a cooked breakfast only a breakfast box, which I thought were quite expensive for what they were, but there is a weatherspoons about 2 minutes walk away where we had a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and found this quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Travelodge is the place to stay in Plymouth we had 4 wonderful nights there the staff were friendly and very helpful lovely clean and welcoming, the rooms were comfortable clean and roomy. central to everything

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was visiting a friend in Plymouth as part of a short break in the south west, so I booked the Travelodge well in advance. On arrival I was greeted by a friendly member of staff on reception and was allocated a room on the 2nd floor. Before the lift worked you had to put your room key in a slot inside the lift, remove it and then press the required floor button. This seemed a bit strange to me but it only needed to be done the once.
My room was very clean, spacious with a huge bed. There were ample tea and coffee making facilities, a TV with a limited selection of channels and a decent sized bathroom. The bed itself was very comfortable although the room was a bit on the warm side. You were in a catch 22 situation, keep the window closed and be too warm or open it and have traffic noise. In the end I left it slightly open and was able to sleep reasonably well.
For some reason not all the available channels worked on the TV but as I was only there for 1 night it wasn't a problem.
Wifi was available throughout the hotel, free for the 1st 30 mins but various charges after that. I paid £3 for 24 hours use which I thought was good value and the quality of the wifi was excellent.
The breakfast offering was not something I particularly fancied however this is down to personal preference. Having spent a lot of time in Plymouth until comparatively recently I was aware of a local bakery on nearby Royal Parade who offer delicious breakfast rolls, pasties etc.
One bonus was being able to check out as late as 12 noon although I did leave earlier than this. The only drawback unlike some hotels they did not have a left luggage facility. This is something that could maybe be considered in the future even if a small charge was made for providing the service.
Generally I was happy with the hotel but I would be reluctant to stay there on a Friday and Saturday night due to the nose from nearby bars etc. (Not the hotel's fault)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We travelled from Southport to Plymouth for one night as we had a friends wedding to attend. When we arrived there was no one available at reception, so we found the local car park (£6 for 24hrs) when we were finally checked in, we couldn't get the lift to work. Once we found out how to use the lift we were in our room. Satisfactory at best, with the concrete style bed. The noise is apparently "minimal" according to the lady on the phone however be warned you can hear the music from the pub and local night life until 2am and we had the unpleasant of the three lorries unloading/loading at the theatre next door at 2am, then the council workers street cleaning between 5-7am led us to have very little sleep in preparation for our 6 hour drive home. NOT IMPRESSED! Had this have been premier in I would have been refunded my room fee!
Premier in from me from now on!

• Stayed June 2014
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Plymouth, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your stay at our Plymouth hotel James H. Our lifts are required to be fully functional, we are aware that sometimes some issues may occur however these matters will be fixed in a timely manner to ensure less impact to our customers. We want all of our customers to have a comfortable stay with us and in an attempt to reduce the noise outside we do provide double glazing and insulated walls, regrettably due to the location it is not completely possible to completely reduce the noise outside. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our hotel management team so that they can be aware of the improvements which are needed.
cumbria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Used as a stop off between ferry and drive back to Cumbria. Easy to find and in city centre. Staff very friendly, room clean and comfortable. Stayed here on Saturday night with hubby and parents. We had first floor room, parents third floor. We had a smaller room with only a small shower, but it was much cooler and quiter as it was at front. Parent's was much hotter and very noisy as it was over the nightclub and Walkabout. We didn't mind noise and to be honest had expected it, but it was too much for parents. Would recommend for shopping or party weekend, but a good night's kip at weekend - no.

Room Tip: Choose a room at front away from nightclub. Rooms on third floor can be hot in summer, but are large...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My room was on the first floor, was clean and smart, it was smaller than other places I had been in, but was roomy, so no issues there. The furniture was well planned out, a bit like an ikea room, modern and bright. The bed looked inviting on entering the room, there was a throw over the bottom of the bed, 4 huge plumped out pillows and extra design cushions. The mattress was so comfy, soft but yet firm, I slept well, no issues. I liked the fact that the windows in the room could stay open as it had an electronic alarmed gadget attached to it, stopping anyone from entering, so you felt safe. The bathroom was adequate, a walk in large shower, loads of hot water and powerful too, so that was great. It was also very clean. Towels were soft and no complaints to be honest. Room had a TV with remote, no issues there. If you were after breakfast then you would have a problem, as it doesn't accommodate that, although you can order one, but that is Option A or B, a bag with muffin, juice etc..however as the Travel lodge is placed in the city itself plenty around if you required more for your breakfast. This was my first time in a travel lodge and I would stay here again away on business, did the job and good value. the lodge is only 15 minutes walk to the old harbour where restaurants are located in a lovely picturesque setting, and so ideal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Plymouth? Share your experiences!