“More Places Like This Please” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #260 of 540 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our award-winning restaurant is run by Josh Peel. Josh and his team create utterly delicious, affordable food with fresh, seasonal and sustainable ingredients sourced from local suppliers.Plymouth Arts Centre restaurant is the Barbican's hidden gem - enjoy Art, Film and Food in a contemporary setting with character. We serve food and drink through the day, to eat in the restaurant, take away, or even take into the cinema. As one customer commented, "How civilized is it that I can get a cocktail and watch a film!"In 2012 the restaurant at Plymouth Arts Centre was awarded 'Best Restaurant' award by the Plymouth Food Awards.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“More Places Like This Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I have been here on numerous occasions. We are never disappointed, the food is great and the service is lovely. I'd love to see more place like this in Plymouth. It has a great atmosphere and feels really special even though prices are quite standard for a restaurant/cafe in the city.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Paris, France
“Nice venue, nice food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice decor and venue. Food was good. Service was a bit slow and the toilet is a long way from the restaurant (in the basement) and definitely needs a face lift. On the whole though I liked it there and will go there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Opportunity to eat lost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having made a booking for a group of 6 friends on a Saturday night, we arrived 2 minutes late to find our table had been given to a completely different party! It was evident that no one even knew we had made a reservation - the waitresses looked overwhelmed and understaffed. A drink on the house was offered by way of apology, which we were unable to accept due to being under pressure to find an alternative restaurant. The main reason that I am writing this review however, is to advise that despite accepting that sometimes these things happen, what really infuriated me was that my email to the Arthouse over two weeks ago outlining our experience, has still not even been acknowledged! Pretty disappointing on all accounts. I would love to be able to comment on the food/atmosphere/value, but since we experienced none of this, that would be impossible. Won't be bothering to try again.

• Visited September 2012
“Trendy arthouse eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a unique and much needed venue for Plymouth.
Everything is spot on for the arthouse vibe. Cool decor, local produce, trendy food presentation etc.
Not huge portions (I went the for lunch) but the food isn't really the reason to go there. It's the bohemian atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Rather disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Visited having seen recommendations in the local press.
Staff friendly. Decor rather minimalistic and questionable lighting (from the electrical point of view).
Menu very limited. Home-made bread very good.. My crab linguine was basically ok but not hot because the plate was completely cold. My wife's burger was huge, but dried out and overcooked.
Prices are very low, which may be why it is popular. I would prefer to pay more for a better meal

• Visited August 2012