“Really tasty sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 503 Restaurants in Plymouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WINNER OF LES ROUTIERS RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2014!The Dolphin House Brazzerie is an independent contemporary restaurant in the relaxed and stylish Sutton Harbour in Plymouth.We are passionate about delivering a memorable dining experience with our warm welcome and fantastic fresh seasonal menu.It is our mission to produce ethically sourced fresh food with integrity, from our Day Boat fish to our local farm assured meat. Specialising in Modern British Cuisine with international flavours we are confident you will find something you love.Food available Wednesday to Sunday; Breakfast, express lunch, light bites and grazes, evening menu and our fantastic Sunday Lunch.We also specialise in bespoke catering for functions and special occasions, where it is our aim to tailor each event specifically to your needs.
PLYMOUTH
“Really tasty sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Decided to give this place a try after it was recommended by a family member. I'm just sorry we left it so long to visit. Lovely restaurant, attentive staff, tasty food. Have already recommended it to other family members.

If I have any criticism at all, it was that it was a tad too cold for me - the restaurant that is - not the food.

Will definitely be visiting again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love seafood and recently had the seafood platter at Dolphin House. There was so much on the plate that I couldn't finish it all - crayfish croquets, crab claws, prawns, smoked salmon, mackerel, calamari... yum! The staff are friendly and helpful, the decor is bright and welcoming.
The desserts are also worth a try - unusual and creative slants on what you would typically expect. Again very yummy! A little gem of a restaurant hidden away on Sutton Harbour!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lunch Menu needs work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited last week for lunch, the interior was very nicely decorated but that was as far as the positives go. I had the deli platter which on the menu didn't elaborate what it exactly was but I thought I'd try it and see. When it came out it looked like all leftover bits that bad been compiled onto a dish and just seemed very random, it consisted of; Parma ham, slices of duck, Brie , blue cheese, toast, apricot chutney, artichoke and fig. Had a salad after which was goats cheese and fig sounds nice but again bit of a let down they decided to melt the limited goats cheese onto the figs, granted it didn't taste horrible just average salad.
I would of liked the lunch menu to be a little but more detailed as I got the impression it was 2 courses for a set price however it was all individual.
Looking at other reviews, pictures and recommendations from friends there is a chance I would return for an evening meal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

enjoyable evening good company, friendly and antentive but not overbearing staff, good quality well presented food tasting plate starters were all surperb steaks and salmon mains delicious, in my opinion only the triple cooked chips let the meal down they were to hard on the outside and a bit tasteless, but desserts all good, excellent location and pleasent surroundings. Wll most certainly make a return visit in the near future to sample and different main course. Highly recommended

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Good food + good service = happy diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having had a disappointing lunch at Gary Rhodes' new place two days ago, I couldn't help but compare it, unfavourably, to both the food and the service on offer at the unassuming Dolphin House Brazzerie. Here we were greeted warmly by knowledgeable and friendly staff and the service was generally very good. The taster plate of starters was imaginative and interesting. My steak was cooked exactly to order and the onion rings were hot, light and crispy, and I don't normally like onion rings. The dessert was a slight disappointment - the chocolate pot was too dry and dense and came with strawberry not poached pears as described on the menu. When we mentioned this we were given coffee on the house as recompense.
With a view of the marina, this will be a lovely place to eat on a summer's day. Might try breakfast next time.

• Visited January 2013