“Great food but poor organisation.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Faringdon, United Kingdom
“Great food but poor organisation.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We met friends and family here for lunch on a Sunday and enjoyed good food. However the staff mixed up our dessert order leaving some without and kept repeatedly bringing the wrong order again and again. Consequently we did not tip! Comfortable restaurant and not full at the time. Disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

As regular, usually satisfied, customers, my wife and I felt let down by the food on this occasion (late afternoon) Crab Cakes not freshly made - Dry, Tepid & Poor Flavour. Pizza dough not up to standard - very chewey. Spaghetti and King Prawn not up to standard, did not seem freshly made, therefore poor chef on that day, but waitress very pleasant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Always pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We visit a few times a year as we use our tesco club card rewards as restaurant vouchers. Normally prompt service and great food. My visit last night was excellent, but sometimes it can be average. Maybe your experience depends on how busy they are.

Visited September 2013
Plymouth
“Let me choose where to sit....please”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited Prezzo several times but only once been allowed to choose where to sit. Staff seem to like having all customers in one place with loads of tables being empty. All but once we have 'had' to sit near to the till.
Food is very good, I particularly enjoy the salmon in saffron sauce - it's very tasty. Portions are average, staff are helpful but not overly so. Venue is very good. We have noticed every time we've been that nobody ever answers to telephone there so be prepared for constant ringing in your ears when you leave. So don't be surprised if you can't get an answer if trying to book by phone. Stupid website booking system never allows for on the day bookings either.
Yes, will visit again and this time determined to sit away from the madding crowd.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting but don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Really beautiful building but the internal fittings look cheap. Greeted after a short wait at the door and told a member of the management team would seat us. After a 3 minute wait a waiter showed us to a table. We had already decided by the time someone eventually came over to us but she took our drinks order and walked off as I was trying to order my food. Our tap water was forgotten until later in the meal. My carbonara didn't taste like a carbonara, i think it was cream and bacon with pasta. No seasoning, couldn't taste any egg, overcooked pasta and it looked like it had been sat on the pass for a while as what little sauce there was, was all at the bottom of the dish and the top was very dry. My friend had 2 small pastas. The saffron chicken penne was good but the fusilli with tomato sauce and peppers was bland. We ordered affogatto as pudding with came with a coffee, to me that is a pointless concept as affogatto is coffee and icecream, I didn't want a coffee with my coffee pudding (and the coffee was awful, bitter, no crema and burnt). Service was inattentive, verging on rude and as a restaurant manager myself I was itching to get up and take orders for them as they were clearly not able to cope with an averagely busy Tuesday lunch.
Toilets left a lot to be desired as well!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Prezzo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Prezzo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.