“really disapointed” 2 of 5 stars

Plymouth, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
“really disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went on a rainy day as we were fed up of sitting in. The marine is clearly aimed at under 5's as we didn't find it terribly educating or anything we haven't seen before! We had big expectations with Plymouth being renowned for marine life but have to say the one I have visited in Majorca was in a totally different league . If you have small children it is ideal if you have teenagers or area couple don't bother it's not worth the fee .

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
plymouth
28 attraction reviews
“Has improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Visited here on a Friday morning. There seems to be more staff around to engage people/children in activities and the place feels more organised. Always a good slection of interesting tanks and exhibits. It was interesting for my grand daughter to listen to one of staff talking to school children about coral and the various fish.

Parked in the Premier Inn pay and display car park which is easier to get in and out of with a young child and not quite so far to walk to the entrance of the aquarium

Visited May 2013
5 attraction reviews
“I come here a few times a week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant range of fish, but a very strange lay out! Staff in restaurant not very helpful at all. Frustrating when your there so often

Visited June 2012
Bridport, United Kingdom
“If you like fish, this is the place to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Let me just say, we have a marine tank at home. So we have a renewed interest in all things marine!
It takes a lot to look after one tank, let alone all the HUGE tanks they have. The place is BEAUTIFUL! You step into the door and you feel like you are an adventurer! With your eyes wide open the National Marine Aquarium teaches and informs young and old about the sea life just off our own South West shores. Which I didn't know was so abundant and pretty.

The best display for me was the atlantic section, with a tank full of bubble tip anemones with lots of different types of clown fish. (I didn't know all those types could cohabit peacefully as many are territorial, but they were swimming happily in their little living homes)

Of course the turtle is mesmerising and you just have to see him!

Full of children shouting out "there's Nemo!!" at every fish (Thank you pixar) this place if absolutely perfect for families. (and me and my husband to have a romantic day out)

Visited April 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Sleeping with the Sharks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have always loved this aquarium and so last summer I decided to go on an organized sleepover there called 'sleeping with the sharks'. This was a fantastic even and perfect for all ages! There were organized activities and games throughout the evening including a night-time tour, a 4D cinema experience and group games such as hide and seek. All in all this was a fantastic event and I would love to do it again!

Visited August 2012