“Do not book here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grosvenor Park Hotel

Grosvenor Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Grosvenor Park Hotel
You added Grosvenor Park Hotel to your Saves list
114-116 North Road East, Plymouth PL4 6AH, England   |
Ranked #79 of 85 Plymouth B&B and Inns
glasgow
“Do not book here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

travelled to plymouth from glasgow and when we arrived there was nobody there to book us in. another guest allowed us in then the cleaner came downstairs and informed us that the owner was in town shopping and would be a couple of hours. eventually we were given a key to 1 room (there was 12 of us in our party) to leave our luggage. we went into town for lunch and when we came back it was obvious that the owners entire shopping trip was done in the pub as he was blatantly drunk.

eventually we were shown to our rooms after much debate as to how many rooms we had booked and i was less than impressed, i dont know what the cleaner was doing when we arrived but it certainly wasnt cleaning any of the rooms we were in. the shower was black with mould and the bathroom smelled horrific. the only saving grace was that we were playing golf and could get a shower at the clubs we were playing at.

i wouldnt advise anyone to waste money staying here, i would have rather camped in the middle of a nearby roundabout. only saving grace was how close it was to the town centre.

• Stayed October 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cornwall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I read a few reviews of this place and didnt think it could be that bad, how very wrong i was. This 'hotel' and i use that word very loosely is worse than words can describe, as you can see by my enclosed picture something was growing in the shower cubicle. I stayed here for one night with my partner, and i would of preferred to stay in the car. The hallways smelt of cats wee mixed with cigarette smoke, the carpet didnt look like a vacuum cleaner had touched it in the past five years. The only thing that wasnt dirty was the ceiling of our room. The cups for the tea in our room were stained and dirty and the toilet seat was broken. On a positive i didnt see any cobwebs but maybe its because the place is too dirty even for spiders. Check in was very easy and there is a small car park at the back which they claim can hold 6 cars but i would doubt that.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

I needed somewhere close to the Station and this place was offering a special deal according to their website
When I got there late evening I wasnt happy but had little choice but to pay for the room upfront as demanded and went out for dinner. On return I found no heating in my room ( this is January) the window was broken and street noise and cold streaming in. On calling reception I was aggresively told that I could have another room for a extra £15 to be paid in cash now or I could leave without a refund. VERY UNPLEASANT PEOPLE Running a very nasty hotel- the other reveiws cover the uncleanliness!!
DO NOT GIVE YOURSELF A MAJOR PROBLEM BY HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS PLACE

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Under new managemnt. Dreadful. A definite avoid.

• Liked — Position
  • Disliked — The Hotel and staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

The hotel itself was in a convenient location and had a car park. The room was adequate although quite dated and lacking any atmosphere. We went for breakfast at 9.15am to be told that breakfast stopped at 9am (this was a Sunday so had assumed it may be slightly later). We were not told about the times for b'fast when we arrived, although that did not prevent the 'chef/hotess' come storming in to loudly state that she had told us, and that all the cookers had all been turned off so we could have toast and cereal but that was it. I would suggest there are plenty of other B&B's in the locality with a more professionally run establishment.

Stayed October 2007
Cornwall UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

I booked this hotel because of the close proximity to Home Park - we went to see George Michael in concert.
The hotel was terrible, there is nothing good to say about it at all. The room was cramped, the bed linen questionable as to its cleaniliness. The ensuite was horrible. Couldn't get the kettle to boil at all for a cup of tea.
Breakfast was a nightmare - the butter and milk were both off and when we tried the orange juice, we found it to be orange squash.
Other people stayed there the same night for the same reason - it was walking distance to the concert. But please avoid this hotel at all costs.
I must admit though that we have had a good laugh about it since - the staff certainly need to train in customer service skills.
I think they should have paid us to stay the night!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

My daughter ,son-in-law, and myself booked this hotel by phone for the 22nd &23rd of June. When i asked for a confirmation by email the man shouted and said if i have made the booking then its booked. This booking was made four months in advance. 3 weeks before the date i phoned to confirm and was told yes they had the rooms. 1 week before the due date 2 young people who were with my party said they could not go due to money problems. I phoned the hotel to cancel and apologise and said i would still like the other 2 rooms they said that was ok. The night before we left i phoned to see if we still had the rooms and they said yes and what time would we arrive i said about six depending on traffic. At 6. 15 we arrived and where told that their were no rooms avialable and that she had put a question mark beside my name and they did not know wether we wanted the rooms. I do not know how many times a person has to confirm to make sure they have there booking. I said i had phoned more than once but they would not take us. It ended up a costly weekend. However when we entered the hotel it was very dirty the carpets were threadbare and unclean so from that point of view i think we had a lucky escape. Please inform anyone booking with these people not to expect a room or a good standard of service.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Disliked everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Grosvenor Park Hotel? Share your experiences!