“Gorgeous cosy immaculate gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Breezes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Sea Breezes
You added Sea Breezes to your Saves list
28 Grand Parade | West Hoe, Plymouth PL1 3DJ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 85 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous cosy immaculate gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is a perfect place to stay.. a wonderful welcome, extremely relaxed ambiance and
fabulous decor. So much better than any of the large hotels in the area I have stayed in.
I experienced calm, peace, comfort and low key from a truly lovely helpful, warm host.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I booked 2 rooms at short notice to stay at Sea Breezes for one night.

Plymouth has a terrible reputation for grotty hotels / B&B's who want to charge you the earth to sleep in dirty rooms with miss matched furniture, so prior to booking I checked Trip Advisor.

Sea Breezes is in a great location right on the Hoe. All the rooms (I saw) were tastefully decorated, very clean, comfortable and well equiped.

Ann (Anne?), the owner is lovely. Nothing is too much for her and she is very welcoming. She likes to chat with her guests and it is due to her hard work and attention to detail that she enjoys such positive reviews.

So, all in all, a great little place to stay. A fantastic breakfast in the morning and an excellent location. Prices very reasonable when you look at the generally poor standard of accommodation offered in Plymouth.

5 stars plus from me!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
looe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We were made to feel so welcome by our hostess Anne.The guest house is cosy and clean and the breakfast fantastic with lots of it.I have worked in many hotels over the years one of which has won numerous awards and believe me this guest house is on a par with this.The bed was so comfortable with quality furnishings and fittings.We stayed with our four year old and it is so nice that anne obviously loves children and took the time to chat to him and make him feel at home aswell.will definately be back

Room Tip: very convenient for the shops ,theatre and ferry
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

As a lone female traveller I did some research and decided to dispense with luxury of a big hotel with a gym and pool for a more personal service as I was apprehensive being a long way from home in unfamiliar surroundings. A woman of the world yes, but I wanted to know if I had any snags whilst away or queries about where to go or had run out of mascara then I would be 'looked after', Well, what can I say, I made contact a few days before and spoke to Ann the propriertor as I was arriving very late and wanted to know if that was O.K. She was great and reassured me saying she would wait up and confirmed my booking direct. I chose a twin but asked for ensuite and was told no problem at all. My journey ended up over 7 hours after very busy work week and rang Ann as agreed to let her know when I would be arriving and also cheekily asked if I could have a double as I wanted a restful night, she told me she had already thought of that and had put me in the room at the top with large double and that I would have a comfortable night. I had No.8 which also had adjoining room so 2 large sea view windows awaited me. Breakfast at 9.30am after lie in was fantastic, hot power shower and plenty of towels, breakfast was toast, traditional english and fresh brewed coffee set me up for the day although fruit and yogurts also available. Ann was on hand to give info about the best way to get around and whilst talking about the scheduled event I was due to attend that evening but not knowing where it was or how long it would take she sorted it out by placing the cab booking direct for me and told me all I had to do was be ready at the given time. I then had an enjoyable day shoppping and had no worries at all and the cab arrived as scheduled.
Returned back in the afternoon and towels had been replaced and room immaculately cleaned and hospitality tray fully restocked.
Another restful night and another fantastic breakfast followed and the attention to detail having stayed in many up market establishments before was unsurpassed.
Decor is clean fresh and crisp, lots of mirrors, light walls and soft furnishings made this very tranquil and pleasing on the eye. Ann has obviously invested a lot of time effort and love into building up this fine business.. I wish her continued success and am finding an excuse to revisit Plymouth so I can take the family back to Sea Breezes, thank you very much for a lovely restful stay.
Excellent value for money too.
I won't have anyone moan about having to pay for parking though.....It's a seaside City that attracts 1,000's of visitors and parking is expensive anywhere, £3 a day on street more or less right outside this B & B is more than reasonable and I had no problem parking at all on a Friday and Saturday.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Newport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We would recommend this guest house as the owner was very welcoming and hospitable.

The rooms were fresh and clean and the shower was lovely and easy to use.

At breakfast there was a good choice of cereals & fruit besides cooked breakfast.

The location was on the sea front and within walking distance of the Hoe and city centre.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed March 2011
Aussie in London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I had a fantastic time at Sea Breezes - with the Harbour just on the doorstep and excellent, friendly service I can't recommend this B&B more!

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Shepperton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I have tended to avoid B&B accommodation in the UK as the quality can be very hit and miss - but when it is done as well as this, there is nothing quite like the experience. Very warm welcome, clean and well furnished rooms, good atmosphere, excellent breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sea Breezes? Share your experiences!