“Beautiful hotel, excellent service and the best food in the south west” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant

You added Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant to your Saves list
Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plymouth PL9 0DY, England   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful hotel, excellent service and the best food in the south west”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend last Sunday night, eat the 9 course taster menu, all of which was fantastic, even after 9 courses you don't feel as if you can't move. Very well judged menu and reasonably priced at £59 for 9 courses. Each dish was cooked to perfection and well balanced, beautiful hotel and grounds and 5* rooms. Would definetly return.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
devizes wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

A surprise trip for me in that my end destination was unknown ! What a fantastic surprise it was.

Our room was huge and very tastefully decorated. Quality fixtures and furnishings & It gave a spectacular view of the walled garden. The staff were very welcoming (as I would expect) and also friendly showing a real interest in us - which led to my husband telling them he had worked there 30yrs ago as a young adult, which brought out lots of discussion as to the changes the current owners have made and how very different a venue it has become !!!!
Dinner service was excellent. All staff served with white gloved hands. They were attentive, but not intrusive, and knowledgeable about the menu - just as it should be, but sadly so many places aren't. The prices of the menu were very competitive.
Breakfast was equally good, a good selection and we didn't experience any hiccups at all,. Freshly cooked croissants were being prepared for a couple on a table next to us.. which again I thought was a great touch rather than just leaving them out..

I have nothing bad to say. the grounds are beautiful, the hotel is tastefully decorated, and clearly some of the bedrooms are massive (ours !!) ,( even with a superking bed installed). The food was some of the best I have tasted, and is superb value for money. We dined in on our first night, and then ate in 2 other restaurants (which were massively raved about).. I have to say the best of the bunch was Langdons food by far, and would have also been the cheapest !

I would return here in a heartbeat.

Lots of couples attending and viewing the venue as a wedding location - and by the sounds of it, most weekends are busy with weddings, Which I suspect is then fully booked out for the couple. it is not a large hotel, from memory i think it was 14 bedrooms.. this in my view gave it a great intimate feel, and enables the staff to quickly know you and remember your name - simple gestures like this truly makes a stay away very special..
So thank you Langdon Court - keep on going, you are doing it right !

Room Tip: overlooking the walled garden.. you cannot get a better view !!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stamford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I will start by mentioning that this place is stunning. Gorgeous stone building with beautiful gardens. Views of the countryside and vineyards. The dinner evening staff was very impressive, friendly and top notch. In fact, the evening dining staff were some of the best I've had within the UK since moving here two years ago. Bravo on that point!

It would be a splendid place for a wedding, relaxing weekend trip or event. However, during this particular experience I was on business and that is how I will assess my experience. My room was very large and well decorated. The downfalls were that the white and red curtains didn't perform in terms of blocking the early morning light. The walls were also so thin I could hear the person in the room next to me snoring. The most frustrating occurrence was the lack of prompt breakfast service (we only expected cold cereal and fruit). Upon check-in we were told breakfast would begin at 7:00. This was great as this place is far from any business location so any later would be unacceptable in my opinion. However, as my colleague and I entered the dining room it was a empty with no cold food or any staff. About 20 minutes later they finally sat out some coffee, granola and fruit. The other days went okay after explaining the situation to reception. On the last morning (Friday, June 27th) we were told breakfast would not be served until 7:30 and that we had been told this the evening before. Simply not true. Anyways, gorgeous place but if they would like to cater to business travelers they will need to understand the need for prompt breakfast and check-out services.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with darker curtains if you are taking a trip during the bright summer months
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Lovely hotel, excellent sorroundings and pleasant staff. Could not have asked for anything better and excellent value.Fish pancake was fantastic as was the vegetarian curry. Good cup of tea. I really enjoyed our lunch time. It is in a great position for exploring Wembury

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The tea was excellent and staff attentive, there was only English Breakfast tea as a choice but that's a minor fault. There was far too much for the three of us so they gave us a box to take the rest away. I thought it would be more popular given the good quality overall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Firstly I will say the hotel and grounds are lovely and the staff are superb. The food on the other hand is above average, we went for Sunday lunch and I left a little disappointed. It was well presented but just lacking in a little flavour.

I'll certainly give it another go as I may have been on an off day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
South Devon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed over after a wedding. The wedding was lovely and the meal was very good.
I think the charges for the room and breakfast are a but high £159 for a superior room, which was supposed to have a king size bed I believe but our was only a standard 4 ft 6 double.
Lots of stairs to negotiate.
Room was nice enough but please do take some time when setting out the electrics. The kettle and cups were in a trendy crate but we had to set the kettle on the floor to get it by the socket outlet and their were 8 sockets in our room....
Breakfast felt rushed and we arrived to sit at a large table which had been occupied before us unfortunately the used crockery etc were not cleared away at all and it felt very messy indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!