“Where to feed a family homecooked food on a budget.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Polperro, United Kingdom
“Where to feed a family homecooked food on a budget.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We regularly visit this café when we go to Plymouth and really enjoy their daily roasts, especially on a Sunday. Where else can you get a home cooked, healthy roast dinner for less than £4.00? My wife and I, our teenage son and 4 year-old daughter can all dine our fill here for less than £20 including hot and cold drinks and not feel like we've just eaten a load of bought-in, boil-in-the-bag/microwaved, processed ready meals, like so many of the big chains offer. The fact that Cynthia and Bill have owned and run this place for over thirty years is surely proof that they know what they're doing, know their market and they deliver, with friendly staff and excellent consistency and at a more-than-fair price.

• Visited September 2013

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“I missed my usual breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had never really thought of this place to get our weekly breakfasts but upon walking past a few days ago and our usual place was closed I thought I would give it a shot, it is fairly small inside which I could see it being a bit of a problem at busy times, the staff were pleasant and friendly, I can imagine that this is your typical place that has its regulars. My only interest was the breakfast which was a bit of a let down, I arrived and ordered 3 breakfasts to take away, I was told that they did not have any mushrooms (how you can run out is beyond me) but they were adding an extra hash brown instead which was fair enough, I did not want any tea or coffee as driving back can be a nightmare to keep these upright, there was no mention of any reduction in price for not having these which other places we have gone they were happy to do, anyway I got back to work with the breakfasts and it was half the size of what we get from our usual place and at £3.95 I expected a bit more for my money, 1 x egg, 2 sausages, 2 hashbrowns (glad they put an extra 1 in as they are very very small) 1 x bacon, beans (very small amount) 1 x slice of toast (again this was a very small piece of bread they used). We have tried various places locally for breakfasts and there are so many better places out there that you will give you more for your money. I am only rating this on my experiance in regards to the breakfast and not any other food they serve as I am unable to do so, they did have a selection and I can only hope that for the price the portions would be suitable. Excuse the pun but this will be the last port of call.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“good allround value (buy one get one free breakfast)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

my partner has been going there for 20 years best breakfast and good homemade specals every day 3 corses for 6 95 you carnt go wrong and now on thursdays buy one get one free breakfast staff frendly and egar to please i will always be back for more of your yumy food

• Visited May 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

looking for something to eat,found this place by chance as passing by,really good food at good prices five of us ate, we all chose something different, prompt friendly service, dessert as well,if we go to Plymouth again would happily return. not posh just down to earth café.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, UK.
“Cosy cafe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you're on Plymouth seafront or have just come off the nearby ferry from France and fancy a meal, a short walk over to this homely cafe nestling in West Hoe is well worth your while.The welcome is warm, the service is friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere is cosy and comfortable. A varied, well-priced menu offers vegetarian options and 'specials' for the day. Breakfast was great, and lunch and dinner options looked equally appetizing. Their Sunday roast has been locally recommended to me on several occasions. I'm a firm believer in good service, tasty food, and value for money. Port O'Call offers it all. We'll be back!

• Visited April 2013