“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have come here for about 10years but had stopped as twice we had been and the food was terrible and the restaurant was cold and the staff didn't have a clue seemed to run about in a panic. But we went as a family last night , it was warm and the staff we friendly. The food was the best I have had for a long time. Please keep the chief and staff as it was a pleasure to be there. It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and we will be back again. I will also recommend this to anyone again now. Could I just add they also made the children welcome by chatting to them.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3,009 helpful votes 3,009 helpful votes
“Subterranean Chinese restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

The H C has been here as long as I have been coming to, or working or studying in Plymouth. It used to be a cosy discrete consistent and reliable option. Times have moved on and sadly this place has struggled to maintain its position. When we came recently it was quiet and not very inspiring. With so much competition, small traditional places like this have to work harder to justify the trade. I will, regrettably not be rushing back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My partner and I ordered food early on a Sunday evening for takeaway. We ordered at 5.15 and were told the food would take 45 minutes. An hour and 15 minutes we were still waiting.

After a couple of phone calls the food finally arrived but was sadly cold.

I phoned to complain and was told that there was no way this was possible as when it had left the shop (45 minutes earlier) it was hot. I was told the manager would call me back...

About 10 minutes later the manager phoned me back has was great. He apologised for the poor service and offered me a discount on my next order. Such a shame we had to wait so long to get this service.

We warmed the food up at home and it was really tasty, I'm so disappointed that my experience was not up to par. There are not many places in Plymouth that offer tasty Chinese and this place does. Service just let's the side down.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely but eerily quiet on a Saturday night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Lovely food and great service. We were the only people in there on a Saturday night though, which was odd but also quite pleasant!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Recently organised a hen party meal at the Hoe Cantonese which was lovely. The waitresses were helpful and welcoming and the food was quick and delicious. Couldn't fault it. Good location to :)