“Going downhill fast” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Plymouth Roborough

Travelodge Plymouth Roborough
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Travelodge Plymouth Roborough
You added Travelodge Plymouth Roborough to your Saves list
399 Tavistock Road, Plymouth PL6 8HB, England (Formerly Innkeepers Lodge Plymouth Roborough)   |
Ranked #48 of 84 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“Going downhill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We started staying here when it first opened as our son lives about a mile away in a smallish house. It was as clean as a whistle and the rooms were well appointed. It has gone downhill since - no breakfast, chair removed, table removed, hairdrier removed, beds no longer made (just sort of tidied!), little vacuuming.This weekend we stayed three nights and for the third stay in succession we had a shower with the tile grout covered in mould. The electric radiator was hanging off the wall when we arrived but we were told that it had already been reported! On Saturday morning I mentioned that the shower drain was blocked and that I couldn't have a proper shower - I unblocked it myself on Sunday. The beds are hard and becoming lumpy.

Not the lodges fault but the binmen collect the bins from the pub at about 06.00 on Monday - take your earplugs.

I appreciate that we are talking about an economy lodge but where does it tell you in the advertising that you have to make your own beds, why can't unsafe electrical appliances be fixed and why can't the showers be clean?

I have complained to Travelodge about beds not being made and dirty showers in the past - it was made quite clear that I was expecting too much. We are staying at the Ibis in the future!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms overlooking the car park are quieter, try to be as far away from the pub as possible
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

I am still here sat waiting for my husband to get out of the shower.the room is very well presented the bed is a little hard but nothing u cant live with. there tea and coffee which is always a bonus and u r next door to a toby carvery whicj is good. The shower is awsome. but whay i cant live with is tje sound of the boiler room next door i went to reception at 23.30 last night and got told it was the plumbing and that they were knew about the problems and it was the people next door using the bathroom. it stopped at about midnight and started again around 07.30 this morning. so not much in the way of sleep i will npt be booking here again as the sound is so bad that the bathroom flopr is vinrating and the bedroom wall is also vibrating. having said that if they sorted out the horrendous noise it would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed for the one night 04-01-2012 during our brief stay in Plymouth.We paid £19.50 for 1 night in a twin room(excellent value),the room was clean,beds were comfortable&the bed linen was very clean.The staff were very polite&helpful,the manageress was very pleasant. An extra towel each would have been nice as we had to share the one bath towel and hand towel provided that is my only little negative comment.The Toby Carvery next door was very convenient&good value.I would certainly recommend the Plymouth Roborough Travelodge

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
greater manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

as i used public transport their is only a bus every hour from plymouth city centre.during the evening.before 1800 hrs the bus are every 15 mins and the george park and ride is every 10 mins which is oppiste the hotel.
now for the hotel standard travelodge furniture but a tv with freeview system the bed was comfortable and all for £19 a night a very good stay pity about the public transport buts that first group fault not travelodge.should i stay in plymouth again i would choose travelodge derriford as the public transport bus service is far more buses per hour in the evening and i would be happy to stay in travelodge derriford if it was good as this travelodge

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Darlington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed from 25-08-2011 until 1-9-2011,the room was clean,but staying in a room for two for a week with one chair and no drawers to put clothes in is too basic for us,when we asked for a second chair we were told "not our policy" same for drawers and dressing table,we had to ask to have cups replaced on more than one occasion due to the fact the clean ones had been cracked by the cleaner or replaced with cracked ones,on another day the plastic cups in bathroom had not been left for us,toilet roll holder,though a miner problem was a blooming nuisance,so close to the WC every time one used the loo the toilet roll would get caught and end up rolling out the bathroom door,obvious answer shut door to stop it going out of reach,BASIC is not a word I would use to describe Travelodge,it was below basic,We did like it before they took over,but they will not be used again,and I was told the rooms are all the same no matter where the lodges are,a let down on the previous owners care and attention for comfort at a good rate

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This used to be an Innkeepers lodge but has recently been taken over by Travel Lodge, since the change it has gone downhill a bit the standards are not as high as they were when Innkeepers owned it, however it it has a good location easy to find and plenty of car parking and is next to a Toby Cavery.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

The hotel was booked for us, so we didn't have any choice but it was OK. I guess the location is good if want to use the park and ride that's right opposite and the airport but otherwise it miles from the city centre.

We arrived at 9pm and there was no-one on reception, rang the bell and us and another guest were waiting to check in for about 10 minutes before someone came, she was very apologetic though.

The hotel only has about 40 rooms, 20 on the ground floor (with access to everyone, at a Premier Inn, I had to use my room key to access the ground floor corridor, with I really liked) and 20 on the first floor with no lift.

We had a twin room; my boyfriend discreetly pushed them together. It's quite a large room but a comfy chair in the corner would make the room not look so empty. A nice big TV but it's on the desk so perhaps not good if you wanted to use it. I liked the hangers as some had clips for skirts and a coat peg on the side. The space for the tea and coffee is a bit cramped but OK. The bathroom is OK, no bath just a large shower walk in shower, no toiletries just a new soap (there is a vending machine in reception, but shower gel I noticed was £2 for a tiny tube!) Only two were provided, one hand and one bath size, not good in a room for two people. Also I would really like 2 ply loo roll! Theirs is a bit thin, I've seen better in public loos. I slept fine even with the noise of the traffic, we were at the front and couldn't really hear it. I think the bed has waterproof mattress protectors so a little squeaky to sleepy on and again only one spare pillow, but a good night's sleep.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel; we went next door to the Toby Carvery where a cooked breakfast is £4.95 compared to their £4.50 roll and cereal. It made more sense.

I haven't stayed in a Travelodge before, they are OK but I don't think I would choose to stay in one again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Plymouth Roborough? Share your experiences!