“Don't judge a book by its cover!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
plymouth
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I chose this venue for a joint birthday venue. There were 4 of us booked in. I must admit the place looked tired and probably could do with a bit of a makeover and it was quiet on arrival. However when the food arrived we were all completely stunned. We had all chosen something different and it was fantastic! Fresh, hot and delicious. We were also impressed by the waitress service, she came straight over with a jug of iced water with lemons and was very friendly. My friends said I had chosen well and we said we would have our Christmas meal there later this year. Don't judge a book by its cover, as my husband and I had a meal recently in Rocky's on the Barbican (because it looked trendy) and the food was awful. Highly recommend this restaurant! Being with good friends and having a laugh created the atmosphere. It's a pity more people don't give it a chance!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I visited chambers with my friend on the7th may we both enjoyed our meal ,my friend had the fish and chips and boy the fish was big she thoroughly enjoyed her meal, I had the pork belly which was heavenly melted in your mouth. Will highly recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Thumbs up for talented chef.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

On arriving me and my partner was greeted by a very welcoming young waitress, the drinks menu had a very good selection of drinks to choose from, i went for the 10 oz ribeye steak which was cooked exactly the way i asked for and my partner had the slow cooked belly pork which was very tender and she was very happy with it..i tried a bit of her pork with the cider sauce and have to say it was very nice..the home made chocolate mouse was also very nice. will be back to try more of the menu soon

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Waste of time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

So my mum booked this restaurant for her 30th wedding anniversary as it's now called '60' and she used to love chambers. She booked it for a Monday as a surprise for my dad. On arrival the place looked shut but we continued to walk to the door to find that they don't open on a Monday. This then ruined the night for my parents and we had to find somewhere else to eat. West ringing the restaurant the next day to then be told that it's a "young girl" in which was sacked along time ago. This however was not resolved straight away. After many calls they offered a free bottle of wine and 2 desserts which was very kind but feel it's not enough. An occasion they won't get back and the staff couldn't have been less bothered. Luckily we regained the night elsewhere.

But overall rubbish rubbish rubbish.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Very attentive waitress nice surroundings lovely food and drinkies, steak was cooked perfectly, the chef dealed with a drunk customer very well, will definitely b back thanks

• Visited April 2014