“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 84 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We booked a one night stay at The Moorings as we were seeing a show at the Pavillions.I booked directly through their website and paid in full (£55) and received a confirmation email which showed that there was no balance to be paid on arrival. The next day I received an email to say that there would be a £5 surcharge payable on arrival as we had only booked 1 night. This is on their website, but I thought this had been included in the price I had already paid - nowhere does it say that this is payable when you get there. I argued this but was told that this is to cover the cost of online booking, so decided to accept this fact, although I wasn't happy at having to pay extra to cover their admin costs (why not just add an extra £5 to the room cost to make this clearer?) when I had a conformation to say I had paid in full. I suggested that maybe the website should be amended to make this clearer, but I can't see that this has been done. However, when we arrived we were not asked for £5 so I'm happy that this was a gesture of goodwill, or maybe they have abandoned this policy all together. The room was spacious and very clean, thoughtful extras like shower gel and air freshener. Breakfast was lovely but on arrival we were told last orders were 9AM. When we arrived downstairs at 8.45 we were informed by the lady of the house that she was leaving for work and we felt a little rushed as she clearly wanted to get away. It's a lovely house in a great location, but I think a couple of small improvements in the service would make this a real 5* place. Overall very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Faultless service! We only spent one night but it was quiet, friendly, clean, spacious room and actually very reasonably priced. Breakfast is the best part - a full English included in the price - a great way to start the day. One thing the website doesn't mention is that you also get free WIFI - I don't think this place shouts enough about how good it is.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

stayed at th moorings after a last minute booking, what a find, lovely rooms, spotlessly clean and perfect breakfast and a two minute walk to a brilliant view of plymouth hoe, the hosts are lovely and would reccomend anyone to book this accomadation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Warm, friendly, homely, spotlessly clean Sam and Franca made us very welcome all the time we were there. The breakfast was fantastic so much variety and cooked to perfection, we would recommend The Moorings to anyone visiting the area you wont find anywhere better we will definately be going back there and thats a promise.

Room Tip: Worth paying the little bit extra for ensuite very quiet location
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had to book this at the last moment and got a single ensuite room for two nights midweek. I was arriving late and Sam organised the external safe to ensure I could get in. The room was great, spotlessly clean with modern fittings. The breakfast was excellent, made fresh to order and enough to keep me going until the evening. If I have to return to Plymouth, this will be the first one I look up and have recommended it to others in my office.

Ali MacGregor

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We got to the hotel and she was very accommodating the rooms are very very clean and the food was excellent we will definitely be back because it was like a touch of home Sam & franca very nice and very good hoteliers and then knowledge of the surrounding area is very very useful this is what I call a proper hotel from Andrew she in Southport

cannock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

i stayed here for armed forces weekend and thought the place was absolutely spotless, very friendly owners who were more than happy to give us ideas of where to go and how to get around. very nice breakfast and some lovely little touches in the room to make it a home from home,will definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Moorings Guest House? Share your experiences!