I have used the Shearings self drive hotels many times over the past few years and this hotel was without doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was ok, but, like the rest of the hotel, needs a complete refurbishment. Carpets were worn through on the corridors and the walls and paintwork were all stained. Like in previous reviews, the dining area seemed to be the coldest in the hotel. I cannot fault the staff though, who always seemed to have a smile and a warm greeting.
If you intend going to this hotel, book the car parking space as there are only 6 places available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park