We had booked two nights and then read a bad review on trip advisor, and the weather forecast was for monsoon weather but we still nervously went.We were so surprised when our room was large, with modern décor and excellent large en suite bathroom. The hotel is under refurbishment but it is such a wonderful old building, it is great that Shearings took up the challenge! Even the weather was gloriously sunny. The choice and service of breakfast was excellent. We didn't have evening meal as there was so much to do and see in two days but intend to stay longer next time. The location is perfect for walking to the Valley of Rocks and to see all the goats, also coastal paths.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park