We spent 2 nights at Riverside Cottage over the bank holiday weekend in April / May 2011 and were so pleased we decided to stay there. It exceeded our expectations and we had a lovely time. Particular positive points to note are:
- Location, location, location: being right in the centre of Lynmouth means it is walking distance to restaurants, shops and pubs - ideal if you don't want to have to drive. Also, whilst Lynton is up on the hillside, Lynmouth is right on the sea, so is the place to stay if you like to be on the coast:
- Rooms with a view: although you pay more for a room with balcony, it's well worth it. The view is gorgeous, and even though we didn't use the balcony, it was nice just to have the space and open the door and listen to the river outside.
- Breakfast: served downstairs in the cafe, service and food is excellent and the full English really sets you up for the day.
- Service: really friendly welcome and advice on local activities.
The only concerns for us were the lack of parking, however this was not an issue in reality. The other point to note is that it you are wanting to use the wireless, ask for the code when you check in as the owners are not around 24/7 (they are contactable), but it would just be easiest to ask up front. Not an issue for us but just good to know.
Overall a lovely stay - would definitely recommend and would definitely return.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Cottage Hotel Lynmouth
- Riverside Cottage Hotel
- Riverside Cottage Lynmouth, Devon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence, and have achieved the highest rating from the Food Standards Agency. We have seven rooms, six with sea views and private balconies. Each balcony is complete with chairs and the large rooms also have a small table to allow you to sit and watch the world go by. Our restaurant is open between 10.00am and 5.00pm serving excellent freshly-made food, locally sourced and prepared by our in-house chef. Riverside Cottage is a perfect base for walking, cycling, fishing (River Lyn, harbour, beach or boat), and riding, pony trekking or just as a centre for North Devon touring. Alternately just relax on your balcony with a drink and admire the views (selected rooms only). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Riverside Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.