“Best vegetarian place in the South West” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 404 restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Herbies has has a creatively eclectic menu with flavours from around the world.Enjoy the laid back bistro style atmosphere with the very best vegetarian food.A favourite with locals and visitors alike.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Best vegetarian place in the South West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food is fantastic here. Lots of choice for all price ranges. Really great tasty home cooked food and covers snacks through to large filling main meals.

Visited January 2013

86% Recommend
“Excellent vegetarian cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My boyfriend is a vegetarian so we're always looking for places that will offer us a bit more choice, and Herbies is obviously excellent for this being entirely vegetarian! We've been here a couple of times for lunch and the food is delicious, and there are interesting dishes that go beyond the usual veggie fare - the tofu and artichoke salad with walnut sauce is yum!

The decor is very cafe-like so we haven't been here for an evening meal yet, but it's great for lunch and good value.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“best restaurant ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I lived in Exeter 20 yeas ago and this week went back there with my daughter,Herbies was top of my revisit list!The food is beyond description-fantastic!And what I really loved is they haven't got too big for themselves!Great food is still great,staff are still friendly!It really is the best,I am not veggie but the food is gorgeous,my veggie daughter was thrilled that the whole menu was open to her-PLEASE VISIT if you are within 20 miles of Exeter!Get there early!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“I'm no veggie but...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

As a persons who enjoys eating meat, married to a vegetarian, I can always choose anything from a menu when we go out, where as my wife has to look for the little "V" to let her know what she can choose..
Herbies completely changed this. A whole menu and no meat in sight! To be honest I was a little apprehensive!
But I should not have worried...! The food was amazing, well presented, and so tasty I didn't even miss the meat.
I ordered the Herbies bean chilie which is the best chilli I have ever had. My wife had the Greek vegetable pie, which was also delicious.
The staff were wonderful and the service excellent.
I can't rate this place highly enough!
We will definitely be going back.
Try it you won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Superb food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Superb selection of vegetarian and vegan food. Had the lunchtime special bean burger with potato wedges, homemade mayo, my wife had a nut burger with an amazing salad with homemade curry coleslaw. Absolutely brilliant food and first class friendly and knowledgable service. An absolute must visit for anyone looking for something different from the usual restaurants. Well done to the Herbies Team and thanks for looking after my umbrella until I returned to claim it! Visited Thursday 28/2/13. Highly recommended.