“Lunch time feast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #279 of 416 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: English, British, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We re a traditional English pub situated on exeter canal. We have a large outside beer garden, kids play area and even a volley ball pitch. We serve real ale from 3 on the tap and another four from the barrell in the summer months. Food is served all day
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom
“Lunch time feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I met an old family friend here for a bite to eat and a drink or two. We have been here many times before and always enjoyed the food, service and relaxed atmosphere and this time was just as good. This pub is dog friendly (big bonus for us) and very welcoming. Yes it does get very busy and therefore the service does get slower, however that's the same everywhere but the food on each of our visits has been great and really tasty. We will be back and I'm sure it will be just as good.

Visited August 2014

Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Defiantly worth a visit ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

After moving to exmouth 18 months ago and making the grove our local, the landlord recommended that we visit the double locks if we were up that way and I'm glad he did! A bit out the way but worth the detour the double locks is another feather in the Youngs cap! Great views, amazing beer and superb food! Youngs defiantly know there pubs in the south west and employ the best managers, and staff! Oh and to all you who complain about the prices, you get what u pay for and I think the food and beer is defiantly worth it here and at the grove exmouth and remember these are managed houses so don't blame the staff!!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

While canoeing with the family we came across the Two Locks and thought it was a perfect place to stop for a spot of lunch.

The pub is set up extremely well so ordering food and drinks was very easy. We were given a pot with a number and told to help ourselves to the condiments.

The food arrived in good time and the portion sizes were massive and the quality very good. Just two small negatives, the bread used for my sandwich was a bit dry and also the gravy for the children's sausage and mash was just a bit too rich for my daughter but it wasn't a problem as I swapped my cheesy chips with her but overall we had good food with great service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beaminster, United Kingdom
“Good location, dreadful over-priced food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Used to be a fantastic pub with a great atmosphere and simple but tasty, imaginitive and resonably priced food. I'm guessing it's changed management. The meal I've just had there was AWFUL and ludicrously over-priced for a nasty school dinner. The location will always be great, and perhaps I'll go back for a drink, but certainly won't eat there again. Worst pub meal I've had for a very long time. Shame.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“great food & friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Been here a few times before for a sandwich - this time had scamp & chips - very good. Staff extremely friendly and brought treats for the dogs:)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere