“We are lucky to have this restaurant in our Village” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #270 of 440 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“We are lucky to have this restaurant in our Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We've dined in the restaurant, and taken away meals many times over the past few years. It's never failed to deliver a good experience.
The welcome is friendly, the decoration is good, and the food is always of good quality.
It's usually very quiet mid week, and very busy at the weekend, which can delay take aways. I use this as an excuse to have a cheeky Chinese beer in the lounge!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Definately worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We use the takeaway here quite regularly, but decided a visit was needed last night. We were warmly greeted and shown to a side table with left and right screens making it reasonably private, and much better than in an open restaurant. It's an airy space, so the screens help make it more intimate.
Prawn crackers were brought to our table with our drinks and our order was quickly taken. Starters arrived shortly afterwards - and very good too. The dishes were removed and out table prepared for the main course, however this did seem to take quite a while to arrive. This may have been due to 2 large groups being served around the same time, but didn't have real cause for complaint and didn't ask.
When our food arrived it was worth the wait and ample - even for my healthy appetite.
We chose from the menu items we didn't have for takeaways, so sizzling dishes figured for both of us - duck and fillet steak - which were put onto the piping hot dishes at our table - a nice touch.
If you like Chinese food, I'd highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Good variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Not the best I have ever had, nor the worst. For the price and variety think good. Service good. Plenty of room. Kids enjoyed it. Especially dessert.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Ordinary standard British Chinese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant with some expectation that I was going to find good chinese eating, due to the other reviews I read today on Tripadvisor. I had a very ordinary meal, reheated rather than cooked. I have lived in hotels in Exeter for the last 15 months whilst I have been working here during the week. There are quite a number of restaurants in Exeter that serve decent meals.

My meal tonight was not one of them. Mind you, this luchtime I had a cheaper meal . . . that's a different review.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“appoling service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have used this Chinese four times with there delivery service. Everytime the delivery is offered at around a one hour wait. it has always been a one hour wait, Ok if that's what you agree and expect. Today we were told one hour, so we went off to the shop to buy some desert treats, only to get a call 15 mins early stating our food and driver were at ours waiting. We briskly walked back at a sprint to find an old chap waiting at the end of the street in his small car. He swiftly got out handed the bag of food over not even knowing who he was giving the food too. I said thanks this is the first time your people have ever been early, he replied I've just wasted 15 mins of my time, my reply was well don't worry I won't use you again, his response, don't worry I won't be delivering here again. Don't use these people for a delivery. There is really no idea of when they might arrive. Normally ridiculously late then ridiculously early. There delivery guy also told me I ordered it so I should be in waiting. Try The Four Seasons so much nicer people