“Adequate for a buffet experience” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Adequate for a buffet experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visited here last week whilst visiting my Father and not being a fan of buffet type dining experiences was pleasantly surprised.
To start yes it is not the prettiest of locations and the dinning area has a school hall type feel. But hey one should not attend these kind of establishments expecting a fine ambiance.
The service was prompt with our many plates being cleared away quickly.
As for the food as to be expected it was up and down. From good salt and pepper squid to medium chilli chicken to the bad crispy shredded duck.
Would I go back? Not in a hurry but its a good cheap dining experience for groups.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Dissappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My family and I visited this restaurant,we had bad service the food wasn't very nice.We were expecting something rather special.On arrival we were rushed to our seat by the waiter or manager he wanted our drinks order before we sat down.Some of the food was cold,too much food colouring in some of the dishes,soups was not soup it was like jelly.The lamb was very chewy.I advise STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My first time to buffet city, after reading previous reviews, I was a bit concerned, but it was very good, a little pricey for Saturday early evening, (was there around 5pm) will definitely go again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Uffcul
“Lunchtime Blues !!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

2 o'clock tired and fed up we decided to pay a visit as were close by. What a disappointment. I couldn't even say cheap and cheerful. The food was cold, greasy and lacking in choice. The waiting staff lacking energy and everything seemed too much trouble. The drinks prices were extortionate. I would have pad more for a better selection, nicer atmosphere and a smile from the staff. Obviously not our lucky day.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My sister and I went here while in Exeter for the day. I had heard that it was a good Chinese buffet.However I did not enjoy it at all. Everything I tried from the starter to main course was cold and the whole meal was very disappointing. Will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere