“Hidden gem.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melbury Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exeter
Melbury Guest House
You added Melbury Guest House to your Saves list
4 Queens Crescent | St. James, Exeter EX4 6AY, England   |
Ranked #26 of 72 Exeter B&B and Inns
Okehampton, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

It's is the second time we have stayed at this guest house and I must say it is just perfect, the owners are lovely and the rooms are fantastic, we had the great fortune to stay in the lodge with its own hot tub, the breakfast in the morning is superb would recommend this place to one and all definitely a hidden gem in Exeter.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

'Stayed in Garden Lodge for one night. Worth paying extra to get hot tub and privacy. Would have been nice to have toiletries available for the shower. Made very well come by staff. Good breakfast. Would stay here again when in the area again. '

Room Tip: Choose the Garden Room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed for one night in the garden lodge. The lodge was well equipped and maintained. It was very good value for money, especially having our own private pirate bar and hot tub. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The breakfasts were also very good. I can't really fault anything and would highly recommend this guest house, especially the garden lodge. If we return to Exeter we will stay here again.

Room Tip: The Garden lodge really is a must.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

When I say simple, this is no reflection on the quality of the guest house, it is a compliment to the fact that it is not complicated, because far too many make it a complicated business to run an efficient Guest House.
I stayed in room 3 on the first floor with an en-suite shower & sink, with the toilet next door being for my sole use.
The room was very clean with tea & coffee making facilities and a flat screen TV.
When I arrived I parked my car right outside, popped into reception and collected my car park pass (£2) and placed it on my dashboard.
I was shown to my room and given a breakfast menu to make my choices for the next morning.
There were juices, cereal, white or brown toast, fresh fruit, sausage, smoked bacon and also scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, which I had and it was a lovely change.
I must admit on arrival I did think that the whole Queens Crescent looked dreary and uninviting, but don't let this put you off, because the inside is quite grand.
The only niggle that I had was that I could not get any hot water out of the sink tap, no matter how long I ran it for, the shower was fine, but for some reason the hot tap on sink only produced cold water, I should have mentioned it to Graham or Leon, but when i went out to eat in the evening, I could not see them and forgot to mention it in the morning and being a minor niggle it didn't bother me anyway, plenty of hot water in kettle for shave.
Thank you Graham & Leon, for providing exactly what I expect, a good clean Guest House, comfortable & clean bed and a great choice for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

'Nice people, very helpful and kind. Guest house has an eclectic interior style, but it's comfortable, cool,and welcoming. The room was cute and comfortable, and above all very clean. Nice touch with the logo'd linen, (and d/gown). High quality toiletries and a really great breakfast. Pricing is locally comparable. Altogether a lovely experience, and I'll be back.'

Room Tip: Small single top floor without bath. Shared adjacent shower/w/c next door. Don't be put off. V c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We booked this as a night off from the children and it was definitely a good choice. We arrived a little early to check in, but were made very welcome and all staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Garden Lodge - completely separate from the main house so it felt very private. The lodge itself was lovely; clean and very comfortable and the hot tub made our night away that bit more luxurious We thoroughly enjoyed our little break from reality and hope to return soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Melbury Guest House on our way through to Cornwall and had the Lodge. The welcome was friendly, the breakfast good and the location ideal. The hot tub, which came with the lodge, was fabulous and the private feel of the lodge area was great. I would recommend the Melbury even though I agree that "luxury executive accomodation" is over stating the point slightly.

Room Tip: The Lodge is by far the most private
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Melbury Guest House? Share your experiences!