“A quirky way to summon the ferry” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 36 things to do in Dartmouth
Brighton, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“A quirky way to summon the ferry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The ferry is called by ringing the large bell on the quay-side wall in Dittisham. The boat comes from the eastern landing to collect passengers from Dittisham. It can only accommodate about 10 people. The young man who piloted the ferry was very pleasant and jovial. The whole experience was appropriate to the quaint and beautiful surroundings.

Warminster, United Kingdom
“Ferry to Greenway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

At £7.50 return, excellent value and friendly, caring crew. Convenient, frequent service with last boat at 5.45pm giving us plenty of time to use our timed ticket at Greenway.

oxfordshire
6 attraction reviews
“Really helpful and friendly staff and crew.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Having checked in to our hotel I 'phoned the Greenway Ferry office to enquire about visiting Greenway.My wife had set her sites on visiting Agatha Christie's famous home so I wanted to get it right! A most helpful guy gave me detailed information and we were soon on our way.
Dogs are welcome on board and when I mislaid my ticket prior to boarding for the return journey the crew member said 'don't worry, I remember the dog!' NB I later found the tcket - honest, I did!!!
From The Oxford Doglover

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Terrible organisation...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

No assistance met at Dartmouth quay advising where to stand etc ..Went to Greenways ticket booth was closed so spoke to opposition company who were very helpful. Only to wait for the delayed ferry for Totnes to find an extremely small boat with limited capacity of about 30 pax meant them leaving behind 12 pax including us. One customer asked, 'When's the next one ?' The unhelpful reply was tomorrow! ..Poor fella had pre purchased his tickets too! The elderly gentleman was simply advised to go get a refund ..I believe he and the others went with Dart cruises instead without getting their money back from Greenways..

Warwickshire, UK
3 attraction reviews
“Good conmmentary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

A good, gentle trip up the River Dart to Totnes. The commentary on aspects of the river was good, pointing out areas of interest

Visited July 2013