“Absolutely fantastic.” 5 of 5 stars

Just B
17 Foss Street, Dartmouth TQ6 9DR, England   |
“Absolutely fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in room 11 for three nights. Everything was lovely.

Skerries Bank is only a short walk from the centre of Dartmouth, and is complete a with fabulous view, and the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in!

Loved everyone at just b too! Completely faultless. Thank you so much! We can't wait to come back.

Josie and Tom.

• Stayed August 2013
Lorna C, Owner at Just B, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review! Really good to hear you enjoyed both Dartmouth and Just B! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Lorna @ Just B :o)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at Room 10 for a week and found the accommodation and service to be excellent.

Whenever we had a problem we were attended to immediately - and these were only minor issues.

The Skerries Bank flat is only a short walk from Dartmouth, which is a majestic area with wonderful restaurants and nice pubs.

Good tings.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Booked and paid for 3 nights in room one at St Elmo's cottage behind the inner harbour and while a lovely location and beautiful from the outside, all was not what it seems inside. The furniture and bedding is the equivalent of cheap ikea to the point that we had to check out after the second night and move to other accommodation in Dartmouth.

The mattress was simply the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on (I notice with hindsight that this is a common complaint with Just B reviews on here). The duvet was a full winter thick tog and thus totally unsuitable for a summer night stay. No shampoo or conditioner or even a bar of soap in the bathroom is a poor state of affairs for a B&B or self-catering accommodation.

Will not recommend or return – we actually left early because it was so shocking. Expensive compared to the competition from other B&Bs given the above weaknesses.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lorna C, Owner at Just B, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello Charles H604,
I am very sorry to discover that you did not enjoy your stay with Just B?
Even sorrier that you didn't tell us ?? Sorrier still that you would check out, without mentioning anything to us or giving us the opportunity to make things better for you.
We pride ourselves in resolving issues promptly however I do not have the power of mind reading. If you didn't like the duvet, simply tell us and we can swap it for you.
Mattresses are so individual and we understand that no one mattress will suit everyone. Our mattress are clean and in good order but it obviously was not to your liking. Again if you found it uncomfortable, simply tell us- we do have in stock 'toppers' which you may have preferred?
In response to your other comments:
*The furniture in your room consists of a solid oak bed and bedside tables, wooden dressing table and bespoke made wardrobe hanging - none of which were cheap or from ikea. (Although,I am not snobby about Ikea - they make good simple and functional furniture fit for purpose - who can grumble at that?)
*We provide hand soap but not shower gel as most people including myself travel with body wash and do not like cheap hotel soaps or their wasteful packaging. We clearly advertise this choice on our website.
*You paid £40.00 pppn for August Bank holiday weekend - The most popular weekend of perhaps the whole year as such the price was an extra £5.00 pppn. Your room is a stylish, modern en suite double room, with a private balcony, in the centre of Dartmouth (Everything in town being less than a 2 minute walk) I personally think that that is great value for money?
Myself and my cleaner have run Just B for 6 years and have accommodated hundreds of happy guests. We work hard to provide a good standard and good service as well as keeping rates at the lowest in Dartmouth. We always welcome feedback (ideally at the time of stay!) and continue to strive to improve and ensure everyone who visits the area and Just B has a great time.
I hope you can take the time to pick up the phone Charles and help us improve service and standards for the future. Your thoughts are incredibly welcome.
I look forward to speaking to you soon,
Kind regards
Lorna Churchill
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Flawless, but 2 things:
Book though the just B website and get them to match/beat the price on laterooms. Hopefully their site will make this easier to do soon.
There's no showergel. There's hand soap, tea and all the usual gubbins, but no showergel. It's petty of me to mention, but its also petty not to provide it.
That's it, other than that, expect to be woken up early by seagulls, bless em!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I took a group of 6 business colleagues to Dartmouth for an "away day" and meeting on a corporate budget. Knowing Dartmouth as I do, I knew accommodation would be the hardest part to get right within our budget but JUST B didn't disappoint. Claire was really helpful and let me take 6 of the rooms that they have.
The rooms are all decorated to a high standard and the furniture is expensive and solid, not flat-packed. The beds are memory foam mattresses which are not my favorite as they can be hot.
I would highly recommend JUST B as the rooms are the best value in Dartmouth, especially at a third of the price of Dart Marina Hotel.
I must also recommend the Anchorstone Cafe Picnic-Boat too, absolutely superb.

Room Tip: Seventeen Foss Street are my favorite rooms for 2, Zion Place for family or needing more space
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in Room 2, St Elmo's Cottage. This is clean, comfortable & well appointed. Good value for money, I thought. The location is convenient: just by the market, by Foss Street, behind the 'boat float' (the small harbour). Our room was a bit small for a long stay and I would recommend one of the other rooms instead (with a balcony). Very good French patisserie 'Saveurs' round the corner. Parking is free (!) in the market place - if you can get a space.

Room Tip: go for one with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Found Just B very last minute and we found the booking staff extremely helpful in organising our short stay. We stayed in St Elmo Cottage which is very central to Dartmouth and the room itself was comfortable and quiet. I would definately recommend Just B in the future and we would use them again. The only suggestion we can make is a bin in the bedroom!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Just B? Share your experiences!