“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Having stayed in many pubs throughout the country, i can comfortably say this is right up with the best. Where to start? The staff at the inn were the friendliest you could wish for, the owner, bar staff and the lady who kept the bar and the rooms spotlessly clean made it a pleasure to stay there. The breakfasts were tasty and there was a nice choice and my wife suggests the hot chocolates are a must! The meals we had each evening were what more pubs should aspire to. PLENTIFUL!!!! No leaving the table feeling unsatisfied here. I would suggest that the locals too prefer this establishment to others in Tintagel as it was always a hive of activity. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom kept very clean. Five local ales were served (all were good!). The car park outside was free for our entire stay as the pub provides a pass. Tintagel itself is nice, with good walks to be had few shop to occupy the less active. All in all, we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My friend and I traveled to Tintagel to visit the sites associated with the legend of King Arthur, so where else would we choose to have lunch but a place called King Arthur's Arms? The food and service were excellent, but that's not why I'm writing this review. On my way out of the pub, I must have dropped my wallet. I didn't discover that it was missing until we were a hundred miles away. I first phoned English Heritage to get the phone number of the pub (the young man who answered the phone there was also extremely helpful) and then rang the pub. They had my wallet. My passport and credit cards were still there, but someone had helped him or herself to the nearly hundred pounds that were in there. The young man -- employee or manager? -- who had possession of my wallet sent it, at his own expense, to my next destination. I offered to pay him by credit card or send him cash via mail, but he refused, saying he knew how distressed I must have been and that he was happy to send it along to me. I was too flustered to ask his name, but I want to take this opportunity to thank him publicly. My entire trip could have been ruined by the paperwork and time it would have taken to report and replace my passport and credit cards. So thank you, King Arthur's Arms. If I am ever in your neighborhood again, I will find my "knight" and buy him a pint!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at King Arthur's Arms Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Hello, .I am pleased that you found the food and service were excellent.
I was very happy to reunite you with the documents, what goes around comes around and someone may do the same for me one day....though i'd rather not lose something as vital !! I was miserable that money was taken and feel I sad that you have experienced that theft in England, particularly in Cornwall, and especially in Tintagel. We Cornish are proud of our county and its values. We welcome visitors from around the world and are happy to do so.
Jerome. manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

We are on holiday in the area, and have been for a few drinks on a number of occasions; even when busy, the staff are friendly and attentive. Tonight we decided to eat here; service was quick and the large plates were full. The curry was a good as any in the area, and the surf and turf was very tasty. Heartily recommended.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello PYatis
Thanks for taking the ime to review.
I am happy that you found our staff friendly and attentive, they all do their best all all times and are a happy crew. At busy times it is less easy as we all know and it is great when somebody recognises this.
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

On arrival we were greeted by the bar staff with two questions.What would you like and where would you like to sit.This was a refreshing greeting for we had a party of four and three large dogs.Aswell as entering a busy public house.My good lady and family were treated like royalty,let alone the dogs.The food was pleantyful and fresh{i can recommend the crab}.The service was second to none and the bar and tables were always clean and dry,{as opposed to wet or sticky}.For a family this has to be the go to place,with or without dogs..The toilets are very clean and well stocked.An all round pleasure to have found this oasis in a town of friendly dog loving people,again many thanks to all staff for the service given.Mr A W Smith

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello
Mr Smith
Good of you to give us such a glowing review. It does reflex the effort our all our team members put into their parts to do the job well. I am happy you found Tintagel as a whole a welcoming place for yourselves and your pets.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stopped in the bed and breakfast for one night due to the good old English weather getting the better of our camping trip. The staff were helpful and friendly and made sure that every need was catered for. The food was excellent and plentiful. The rooms were of an excellent standard with original features kept throughout form the original building.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Mr John B
Thanks for your review. Sadly the English weather can be unpridiictable, so happy to have been here for you and very pleased that you found us a haven for the night.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

i absolutly LOVE the food here, its so fresh and comes fairly quick (or that might have just been cos it was fair quiet when i went in). I stayed in Tintagel for 3 nights recently and ate here every night. Billy, one of the guys behind the bar is friendly and welcoming and made sure I had everything i needed. All of the staff are there to help and are friendly. and the puddings!!!!!! they are to die for! that and the luxury hot choc! theres a pool table for anyone who wants to play and the atmosphere is just fab. can't rate it enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greeting Seasunshells
great name. Thanks for your fantastic review. Billy is thrilled to be personally named. We do all try to welcome everyone to King Arthurs and i see we have a place now in your heart. Shelly is head cook and says thanks. Busy in the kitchen she is also thrilled to have her work so well appreciated.
germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had a lovely two night stay at King Arthur's Arms. The staff were very friendly and helpful and treated us warmly throughout our stay. Our accommodation was small but had everything we needed. There was a particularly comprehensive booklet of brochures and information about the surrounding area. Our host, Jerome, was very friendly, and helped us sort out a problem with the room safe with minimum fuss and good humour.

The breakfast was simple, but delicious.

We ate in the pub and this was very good and a reasonable price. The fresh salad and crunchy coleslaw were particularly delicious. They serve lots of really yummy desserts here- hard to choose!

A good, welcoming family pub with something for everyone.

Be aware that they don't serve food after nine pm.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
hello
I was extremely grateful for this review. I emailed the reviewer to query our 4/5 for cleanliness and his reply was it was not cleanliness that let us down but he thought some of the items we put out for guests ie magazines and books left a cluttery impression arounfd the entrance and were not all up to date. Looking from a guest point of view i had to agree with him and so have reduced the clutter. This was a very constuctive lesson for us. thank you reviewer.

Been to King Arthur's Arms Inn? Share your experiences!