“Enchanting getaway that provides beautiful lodging, scenery and service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot Castle Hotel

You added Camelot Castle Hotel to your Saves list
Camelot Castle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Camelot Castle, Tintagel PL34 0DQ, England   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tintagel
“Enchanting getaway that provides beautiful lodging, scenery and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

i enjoyed my long weekend stay enormously.. The hotel and nearby villages offer a splendid variety of foods, trinkets, walks, hikes and breathtaking scenery. I was with a group of 21 a mix of Americans and Brits and the service we received at the hotel and in the village was marvelous. We were welcomed everywhere we went and the hotel owners and staff went above and beyond to insure that our stay was positively memorable. Hiking the old Cornwall cadtle ruins is a breathtaking opportunity. I highly recommend Camelot castle and can't wait to return

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one night, early in December. The location is fabulous, on a headland which overlooks the sea and the ruins of Tintagel castle. Parking is easy and plentiful.
The hotel itself is perhaps a little shabby, but that almost creates its own charm. The Great Hall has huge, deep, comfortable sofas, gathered round open fires, and is a truly comfortable place. We had a sea view room on the second floor, complete with 4 poster bed. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the view over the gardens to the sea and the ruins was unbeatable.
The downsides were that the windows rattled (we wedged them), the visible areas were clean, but ancient dust had crawled under the bed to die in great profusion. The pod shower does seem to be straight out of a ferry, but it's big enough, clean enough, and does what it's supposed to, so we didn't have an issue with it.
We ate in the brasserie ( the restaurant looked a bit too formal for us). The food was nicely presented, and was OK, not exceptional. I didn't get what I ordered, but did get a nice apology! The cocktail waiter forgot to stir the drinks, so they had to go back; a small thing, but you'd expect better.
Coffee in the Great Hall was excellent; huge cups, well made, delicious.
The staff were charming and helpful, if a little undertrained. The owners circulated, chatting to the guests, and that was a pleasure.
There are a lot of large walls, all hung with pictures. These were not to our taste, but that's just a personal thing. Plentiful copies of a "newspaper", which was really no more than rather self-serving advertising puffs, were a bit tasteless and overpowering ( again, a personal reaction - we didn't have to read them!).
Wifi is patchy, and didn't work for us, but we survived! It was only one night, after all.
We have since found articles which claim that the hotel is a centre for Scientology, and a Bad Place. All I can say is that, if that is true, we didn't notice.
We enjoyed our stay. I found the location inspiring, and we would go back again. It must be beautiful in the Spring and Summer. There are large outside seating areas which we could not use, because of the weather, but I think they would be worth going back for.

Room Tip: Go for the sea view, and the higher the better
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner stayed for three nights, had a wonderful break!! Very relaxing and stunning location. A short walk from the village and beautiful coastline. The food was also very nice!! Will be visiting again soon!! Can't wait!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed with my dog for a 3 night midweek break , my room has large very comfortable and I for one liked the cute pod bathroom with its nice powerful shower with plenty of hot water.
the staff were very polite and friendly a credit to he hotel .Ted the resident artist is a nice guy the light box experience was enjoyable and different and I was in no way put under any pressure to buy anything(I think his art is remarkable with a special beauty about it, but I know it or some of it will not be every ones cup of tea).cannot understand all the negative comments regarding the sciencetology stuff no one tried to convert me so if it floats your boat fine..The location of the hotel is awe-inspiring with the views to match,on the downside the bar at night seems not to be used very much my the other guests and they could do with stocking some real ale in I also felt that 20 pounds a night for a dog is on the steep side 5 to 10 pounds is generally the norm in places I have stayed before I will return and stay again though perhaps a deal can be struck on the dog price. all in all a very nice stay so go and don't be put off by the silly negative comments

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was either a cruise or a visit to Tintagel for our anniversary so we chose a quiet romantic 4 days at Camelot Castle.
I ordered a single Large Red Rose, chocolates, sandwiches and champagne to be waiting in our room, exactly what I ordered was what I got.
The public rooms are very sumptuous and luxurious.
All the staff were very friendly, courteous, and professional.
The food was first class as was the service.
The views from our room were really stunning and panoramic, we chose a moor, seascape and ruins view room, it was well worth the money.
The whole area around the hotel is magical and a visit king Arthurs Camelot is well worth the strenuous climb up the steps.
Our en suite was a little disappointing but I would not sacrifice the view in order to get a bigger one.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just came back yesterday from a three night break at Camelot Castle Hotel. The scenery was breath taking we were offered a choice of two rooms one being with a sea view ( I had requested if posible ) as it was a suprise stay for my partner. The room was clean a very comfortable bed beautifull soft pillows . The bathroom was a small pod type but clean and lovely soft towels which were changed every day. The food was very good and the staff were very pleasent and friendly and helpfull . The hotel was warm friendly and very welcoming at no time were we ever made to feel uncomfortable or harrased or persuaded to do anything we did not want to . To us it was a wonderfull experience . My advice to future guests is go, enjoy and make up your own mind you may be pleasently suprised ! Suzanne C

Room Tip: Try and choose a sea view room as the scenery is amazing .
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Devon. uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When in the area we often go to this hotel for lunch or coffee. You will be wowed by the lovely restored interior, it is warm, sumptuous and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful at all times. Take a walk around the hotel and you are on top of the beautiful North Cornish clifftops and can overlook King Arthur's Castle, and the sea. It does not matter whether you visit on a warm sunny day or on a windy cold one, the views are always worth it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Camelot Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!