“Are we talking about the same place??” 5 of 5 stars

Camelot Castle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Camelot Castle, Tintagel PL34 0DQ, England   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tintagel
London, United Kingdom
“Are we talking about the same place??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I am totally shocked at some of the things written on here on this hotel. Are we talking about the same Camelot Castle that I just returned from yesterday?? I traveled around the world 6 - 8x a year both for business and pleasure for the last 15years and usually I stayed in 4 - 5 stars hotels (as well as with my kids), and I love dining out, and nothing pisses me off more then bad food and bad services. But my dining experience at Camelot Castle, as well as the other 4 of us who visited the place (including 2 business friends and 2 kids of 12years old), we thought it was a wonderful experience!! Camelot Castle sure does not deserve the poor reviews written here!! I have already written my review yesterday morning. At that time I have not even considered checking the reviews written by others on here, well..until now (as I am booking another trip to Pangkor Island, Malaysia, and the review on Camelot jumped up in front of my screen and I happened to glanced at it, and was I shocked! Well, I think you just have to try it yourselves. For all 5 of us.. I stand by what I wrote yesterday.. it was a lovely experience and will definitely come back again. Oh btw, just cant help but have to add that, the 5 of us who came here, I am from the Far East (Chinese), my other 2 friends (one from Hampshire, UK) the other from Israel), and my daughter and her friend (both 12 are British). Also, 3 of us are Muslim, 1 Christian and 1 Jews. Hence even though scientology was mentioned over drinks, its no difference from the casual conversation of asking about the country I came from, my gold mining business in Latin America, or my friend's Construction business!! And as for the Art, yes we bought 3, but no one stick a gun at us to say we must buy it.. we just love it as it appeal to us!! Seriously, its a beautiful place. You want to compare some hotels in Spain.. now thats hell!! This hotel was quiet, dignified as it should be as its a castle.. no loud booming music, and will definitely recommend to anyone. If anything, it was one of the main highlight of my 4days trip to Tintagel. To me the excellency of a good dining experience or hotel stay lies very much with the customer service.. and to me Camelot Castle get my vote right from top of rank (the owners) to the restaurant/bar staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
John_m75, Manager at Camelot Castle Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thanks so much for this honest and frank review….you have expressed is what so many of our guests feel. The fact is that staying at camelot castle is a phenomenal and magical experience.

Interestingly this year we have had our biggest year ever at Camelot Castle and Ted Stourton's art is selling better than ever and for more that ever before.

The bottom line is that good people such as yourself can think for them selves. We have serves thousands of satisfied customers.

Sure the hotel's owners are Scientologists. Thanks goodness they are as through their church they have helped get millions of children and adults world wide off of harmful drugs……perhaps this upsets some people who see the sales of harmful drugs as an income opportunity not a crisis.

I dosen't take a much deeper look to understand why the inaccurate postings are made on this site.

Helping people and being kind to others is a great reason to live but there are always those who will oppose that.

Camelot Castle is a beacon of Friendship and creativity in an a world the sorely needs it….It is magical.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly. The girls even got to walk 2 of the hotel's dogs, which they loved.
The family room was huge and with breath taking views. The bathroom was very compact however.
The hotel was lovely and the food was great. We had a great time and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Il keep this very simple.. From the moment you arrive outside and walk into the building you are charmed by the hotels character and friendly staff. Much thanks to the owner Mr Mappin and Ted the Artist for their friendly chats and making us feel so welcome and relaxed in their own home. Stunning views of Tinagel Castle, The gorgeous Coastline and the Atlantic.. We will defo return next time I visit Cornwall..

Tom & Joanna.. Sheffield UK..

plymouth, devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

my wife and i stayed at 'camelot castle hotel' for our Honeymoon, we had a truly wonderful stay and will definately return in the future. we were extremely well looked after by all the staff and nothing was too much trouble. if you are looking for a nice hotel for whatever occasion then this is the one to go for. the restaurant has a lovely view out to the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful Cornish coastline.
MR & MRS COLLINS

Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Camelot Castle Tintagel Cornwall!!

A Wonderful Warm Welcome and where better to the stay, then here on the Magical Cliffs of the Ancient Celtic Sea, the Atlantic!! Where more Magic then to sleep above Merlin's Cave and the Ruïnes of Pendragon Caslte, to look out of your window and see the Tide come in the Cave, AMAZING!!! Warm Greetings in the Morning with a Delicious and Full Breakfast of your choice!! Warm, Helpfull Staff and Lightful ( or Delight Ful!?) meetings with Ted Stournton and his Amazing Art!!

Camelot Castle with all your Lovely Energies, all Lovely People,
THANK YOU so MUCH!! We will be back!!

Love and Gratitude Corrie, Cisca, Margreet en Cora on Sacred Pathways.nl

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel is set in a perfect position on the rugged and beautiful cornish coast, a stone's throw from the sea next to the castle ruins, and a short walk from the little village of tintagle,

We had a picnic with local bought pasties from the village and a bottle of champagne we bought with us on the romantic headland in front of the hotel as we arrived a little early, and our room was not quite ready for us.

The hotel was everything i expected from the web site and more.
The staff went out there way to make us feel welcome,
We had a moore view room but still had a view of the sea,
Our room was very clean and had some nice touches, the linen was very crisp and duvet very puffy, just lovely to collapse into after a long drive, the on suite was a little quirky, but worked just fine.
The whole hotel is very victorian inside and out with lovely decoration, its as if you might bump into noel coward in the lounge.
We were very impressed with the art work in the hotel and our room had some lovely original paintings by the very friendly resident artist, Ted Stourton.

We had booked dinner before we arrived, the 2 or 3 course meal was well priced and had some lovely dishes, the waiter was very attentive without being over bearing.
For the size of the bar it had a good stock,just a suggestion would be the addition of a spicy rioja and some cornish ale to the stock. ( the brandy was very good)
This is a lovely place , very romantic ,there were families and couples staying when we visited,
A very well run hotel with personal service, not a chain, warm ,friendly, dress for dinner if you fancy but not necessary if not.

Very well worth a visit, pop back in time, we will ,
Paul & Susi