“my favourite restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
banbury
“my favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

this is my favourite place to dine in st ives and there are many really good restaurants here. the décor and atmosphere in the restaurant is lovely. the menu is varied and quite reasonably priced. the food is delicious. the service is also excellent.. you will have a very enjoyable evening here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Peterborough
“Character and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this one by friends who live and work in St Ives and it didn't disappoint. Loved the interior of this restaurant, had a bit of character which isn't present in many restaurants in St Ives although the benches in the booths were not the most comfortable but I was the only one in my family to moan about it. I had tiger prawn cocktail which tasted very fresh and was plentiful and my wife enjoyed her goats cheese. For main the kids had steak from the children's menu, it was a good portion, nice cut and cooked as asked. My wife and I both had chicken and chorizo which was lovely although I think the chicken skin could have been crispier. The sauce was tasty and the roast potatoes crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle. They served us beer battered cauliflower but It was lost on me, give me cauliflower but not in batter, unless it's tempura but my wife really enjoyed it. Each to their own. Would recommend this restaurant.

St. Ives
“Excellent lunch and recent evening meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Food is really good and the lunch time special is something to really look forward to. We live in St.Ives and this has become a regular place for us to eat. It is cosy, welcoming and friendly with excellent main courses and deserts.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
H Hempstead
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Excellent as usual, cosy little restaurant tucked away towards the island, food always good. Can't beat a day on the beach, a couple of drinks at the Sloop, dinner at the Mermaid then a walk along Porthmeor beach to the flat.

Devon
“Amazing Sea Bass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had lunch at The Mermaid and the Sea Bass was amazing would recommend! Desserts were great and whole meal was good value only wish we had eaten there at the start of the holiday not the last day!