“No.8 Windsor Terrace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of No8 Windsor Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
No8 Windsor Terrace
You added No8 Windsor Terrace to your Saves list
8 Windsor Terrace | Cornwall, St Ives TR26 1DP, England   |
Ranked #26 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockport
“No.8 Windsor Terrace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just returned home from our 2nd stay at No.8 and cant thank Roy and Vicki enough for their hospitality.
Thanks to Roy for the pick up and drop off at the station.

Anyone looking for a base to explore St Ives, look no further, 3 mins walk into town, overlooks the Bay, close to all beaches whilst remaining really peaceful, great location.

already planning our next visit.

Room Tip: Front room is excellent with everything you need, and a fabulous view....

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stay here twice a year and love it. A week in August and a week over new year, this time was no exception. As everybody says Roy and Vicki are superb hosts going much more than the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. Already booked to go back again.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at 8 WindsorTerrace Roy and vicki are wonderful hosts and made us feel very welcome ... the house is very beautifully decorated cannot recommend highly enough will definately be returning ,,,, thank you Roy and Vicki

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have just returned from the most wonderful stay at No.8 Windsor Terrace and cannot wait to return!

Roy and Vicki were so kind, friendly and thoughtful...Roy even parked the car for us! We stayed in the back bedroom and couldn't have been happier. The room, and whole house, is beautifully decorated and creates such a relaxing homely atmosphere.

The location is absolutely amazing, only a 2 minute walk to all the hustle and bustle of stunning St. Ives. We truly couldn't have had a better stay and would highly recommend staying here, it's a fabulous place to stay :-)

Thank you so much to Roy and Vicki for being fantastic hosts, look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

• Stayed August 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have just returned from another great week at No 8 Windsor Terrace. Roy and Vicky were great hosts as usual and couldnt do enough to make sure we had a lovely time. We stayed in the back room which is really lovely and comfortable with lovely furnishings and decor with the added personal touch of Roy's own art work displayed on the wall. Everything you need is provided for you even bottles of beer on arrival which is a lovely touch. Roy even gave us a lift upto the top car park and waited for us until we had sorted things out which was extremely kind of him. No 8 is a beautiful house in a great location we have stopped quite a few times now and we will definately be returning.

Thanks again Roy and Vicki (and Dot!)

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have never felt the need to write a review like this before but people must be warned!

I stayed here with my young son last week as a pre 5th birthday treat and No 8 Windsor pretty much ruined our trip! Roy, the owner was rude, condescending and could not have made us feel less welcome. My son had a small accident, completely out of character but hey these things happen with children, on our first night and when I told Roy the next day and apologised he was livid and proceeded to shout at me in front of my young Son?! That night I find that we have been left with one pillow only each (punishment, I don't know?!) and have had a thick sheet of tarpaulin like material put under our sheet with no attempt to make it comfortable. I got less that three hours sleep. Also a bag of clothes that had been separated from the rest as they needed to be laundered, that I had left in the room had been discarded. I actually did not even bother bringing it up as I knew they would not care! The room was dirty, the decor was tacky, no shower gel, flannels or shampoo was provided. On our second night there the water in our room ran BROWN! I unformed Roy that we were unable to wash and had no drinking water and asked if we could have some bottled water for the morning. His response- no and it should run clear by the morning! In other words, he did not care. Roy also felt the need to tell me 8 times (and I counted) that I must vacate the room by 10am. Even texting me half an hour before check out. This again made us feel very unwelcome.

We were promised a Tate pass and on the morning of the check out I asked for it and was again told- no! I even had trouble getting him to agree to keep a small travel bag and Trunkie there for the day so we could explore St Ives a bit more. Initially he would not agree to keeping them for more than two hours?!

I have stayed in 5 star hotels, your run of the mill B&B's and little shacks in Thailand, THIS IS THE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED! Go elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

A little difficult to find at first as there is no street name at the entrance to the terrace. Beware the 25% hill to navigate as the terrace is halfway down on the right. A phone call brought Roy out to guide me in. Parking is a problem, as it is all over St Ives, but I was able to park for the duration of my 3 night stay. I had the back bedroom which comes with everything except a loo which is next door along the corridor. However a dressing gown is provided which is very thoughtful. Everything is provided to cater for yourself as in kettle, toaster, frig, milk, tea and coffee. A most welcome change to fried breakfasts at a B & B. Roy & Vicki are very welcoming and a good stay is very much assured. A bonus of this venue is that if you are wishing to visit Tate St Ives and the Barbara Hepworth garden, Roy can supply a guest pass which saves you quite a bit of money. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will return. Sue

Room Tip: Bedroom 2 faces the back but is quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to No8 Windsor Terrace? Share your experiences!