This hotel let me down and, like other reviewers I feel I did not get what I paid for.
We struggled to find the hotel as they have heavily advertised their restaurant and not highlighted their accommodation.
* Once finding the hotel (and their car park which is on the other side of the road and is also poorly signposted) I had to wander around the hotel/ restaurant/ bar laden with luggage and a baby trying to find someone to accompany me to the reception so that I could check in.
* On checking in I was told that the family room I had booked had been set up as 3 single beds and if I wanted 2 of the beds made into a double I would have to ask at reception the following morning (??). Also the breakfast was not included - i'll come back to that!!
* On entering the family room I discovered that there was not enough room for my travel cot, so after a 7hr journey in torrential rain and with a very unhappy baby, I set about pushing beds together and creating pillow barriers so that I could have the baby in bed with me to ensure he wouldn't fall out of bed.
* On waking, the room was freezing cold as the radiator had been turned off. I thought about having a hot drink to warm up but there was no kettle in the room- just tea and coffee and cups (??).
* When trying to report the lack of kettle I couldn't find a single member of staff, at reception or otherwise to talk to. I was not the only guest roaming the hotel searching for staff - it was a saturday morning 8am and there were many guests wanting to check out and/or have breakfast but the restaurant was empty with the lights off.
* At half 8 a member of staff appeared and began sorting through the backlog of people. At this point I reported the kettle, the need for a double bed and also inquired about the use of an iron so that I could iron my son's shirt for the wedding we were attending- this was present in our room when we returned from the wedding.
* Now the breakfast, I was sure this was supposed to be included and after checking my confirmation email I discovered this was correct. After explaining this I was told it depended on when you booked as before the 31st July it is included after it is not. Fine. I showed them my email and received my breakfast. Unfortunately I had to verify this again the following morning.
So in conclusion I would not recommend this hotel, the staff were far and few between and needed a lot of prompting- for example on checking out at 10.30 am I had to walk back to the two members of staff stood chatting at the bar in the restaurant that we had just walked past laden with luggage as the reception was deserted and ask to check out.
Oh also the the plug in the sink in the bathroom was broken.
It just lacked professionalism and the basics you'd expect from a hotel/BnB.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming mix of Accommodation - Lounge & Wine Bar and Authentic Italian Restaurant... BOOK DIRECT with us and receive 10% guest discount of food purchased from Casa Romano Restaurant & Romano's Bar here on site!! Ideally situated to enjoy St Ives and the magnificent West Cornwall coastline, We offer clean, comfortable, accommodation at a sensible price - perfect for a short stay, long weekend break or a full 2 week family holiday. Situated on the Carbis Bay side of St Ives, Ideally located for enjoying all that St. Ives has to offer but still provides easy access for exploring the rest of West Cornwall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Atlantic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Hotel St Ives
- Atlantic Hotel St Ives
- The Atlantic St Ives, Cornwall