we arrived at John Fowlers holiday village and collected are key from friendly staff and went to are woodland cabin which was very basic, to bedrooms, bathroom, living/dinning area and kitchen apart from a slight damp smell a tiny tv and a slight damp smell it was was fit for purpose for our long weeken break. How ever are break was desterbed massively as my brother and his family were also holidaying with us this weekend in a seperate cabin had a completly different story, mouldy cabin, blood stained linen, damp, mouldy and insects all over there cabin. after one night they complained this was just not suitable and were changed to another cabin which the front door would not close on and then again to another cabin which was much the same as ours basic but insect free. we all had to help them move cabins which took place in the evening trying to avoid wasting anyones time to be enjoying the sights of cornwall through out the day however this did massively cut into are evening entertainment time, which i must add apart from this night was very good and of high standard. such a shame that our once a year holiday had to be disrupted and basically had to write off one night during our short stay. with a little bit of money and a lick of paint has the potential to be a lovely holiday park, with great club house in a good location. just a shame a lack of tlc let us down on our yearly familyget away.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel
- St Ives Holiday Village
- St. Ives Holiday Village St Ives, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our St Ives Holiday Village is set in over a hundred acres of woodland, making the whole park a gorgeous, relaxing place. As for facilities, St Ives Holiday Village has everything you could want during a Cornwall holiday. You won’t have to worry about the kids getting bored with our games room, featuring a pool table and all the latest video games. We also have a children’s play area just for kids, and you can let them swim in our large indoor heated pool without worry as we always have life guards on duty.In the evenings, you’re welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment we offer at The Rafters Club, our very own club where we put on dancing, discos, competitions and more! You can also order you and your family some pub grub or get a takeaway. ... more less