“Poor food and very poor dealing with my complaint” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 122 Restaurants in St Ives
St.Ives
“Poor food and very poor dealing with my complaint”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a very poor meal here, prawns topped by a quantity of solid butter, cold kale and almost cold beef on a cold plate, only the potato was hot. This was followed by an edible but not wonderful sweet and the worst cup of tea I have ever been served. The waiter told me the tea was o.k. and went off without offering a better one.
The catering manager has replied to my emails with some apologies but no reply to my request for a refund. The manager sounded o.k. (After my emails were ignored and I eventually phoned at the time she was to be at her desk and she was not and phoned me an hour later)
However, now the phone call back to me has not been made.
It's pretty disappointing for a hotel like this, I would advise going to eat somewhere else.

12-Management, Guest Relations Manager at Tregenna Castle Estate, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoy the meal that was provided for your Art's Club Ball. However, I would like to clarify some of the issues that you raised, though; the menu was selected by your event organiser and was the least expensive option that was available. (Although, that is certainly no excuse for any detraction of quality).
None of your correspondences were ignored. I was personally involved in the exchanges and know that you were offered a compromise.
You suggest that we were 'very poor dealing with your complaint', I suggest that you feel this way because you did not get want you wanted.
Incidentally, the St.Ives Arts Club have made a provisional booking for next year.