“Best fish I've had in England to date” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Badger Inn

The Badger Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
The Badger Inn
Fore Street | Lelant, St Ives TR26 3JT , England   |
Ranked #64 of 104 St Ives B&B and Inns
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Best fish I've had in England to date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I popped in here on my way through St Ives on business for late lunch for one. I didn't expect much, and was I surprised. great beers, friendly staff and locals and possibly the best fish I've eaten to date in England. I love fish, but rarely does it live up to my expectations. I had sardines to start, and trio of fish for my main, all washed down with two pints of a local Cornish pale ale. Simple wholesome food, nice crunchy veg and new potatoes smothered in local Cornish butter - unbeatable!! I will be back here again, even if it is 250 miles from home!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

What a treat! To be honest I wasn't expecting to much when we first arrived. The place is slightly dated. However those doubts were thrawted with the warm welcome and good food. We did have a mix up with the order and my brother got the wrong meal, but again the wine recommendation and sincere care from the landlord made up for it.
All in all, it's a great local pub and I would highly recommend it for any visitor who would like to see a bit more of Cornish lite outside of st Ives.

• Stayed April 2013
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

What can I say? Such a cute B & B. Very cosy, comfortable and well maintained rooms. Food was very good and as a pub, you can just nip down stairs for a sneaky drink or 2!
Owners are very welcoming and friendly. Make you feel very at home. Just a few minutes drive, or a nice leisurely walk into the beautiful town of St Ives. what more could you ask for?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wroughton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Found this inn on late rooms! Great food(very large portions). Very helpful staff and v friendly. Very close to st Ives and Penzance. St Ives branch one v close and great way to travel. Room nice but 1st one shown not so good!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a place! Visited on a Sunday evening. Got table for 6.30pm -so early enough. It was so cold in there no fire on etc. We waited 90 minutes for our food! had to queue up like a school canteen-staff trying to get past etc. Only to be told they dont have a poultry dish-no turkey no chicken on the carvery! Lamb beef and pork only-non of which I eat! So then I was offered a chicken leg! I ask you! My pets won't even eat a chicken leg! and not to pay £9.95 for one! I asked if any chicken breast. One was found-and left on the side to get cold-it was so small and almost inedible any way! Veg not good potatoes burnt.No peas even. We wil never go there again . May try Tregenna next time. Rest of family had pork which they left as all fatty. ugh! Don't go here!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KENLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Extremely welcoming staff. Good advice on local things to do & where to go. Really good food. Great atmosphere as it's a 'local'. Looking forward to visiting in warmer weather as garden looks attractive. Rooms comfortable.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the road is great for feeling part of the village. Also great views towards church...