I booked a private room, well in advance of my proposed SW Coastpath walk. When I arrived, I was shown the room (cost £39 per night) which had no windows, a bed, no cupboard, coat hooks and hardly enough space to stand my rucsack. When I asked if there was another option, I was told there wasn't, and that I should have been warned it was a "small room" when I had booked on the phone. I definitely wasn't. I couldn't stay in the stuffy room and asked about getting a refund (as I'd previously paid in full) and was told they couldn't do that as the manager was away, but that the manager would be in touch as soon as they returned (I left my email address and home address). They never got in touch. I emailed three times but they didn't show me the courtesy of replying.
I then went and found a lovely room in a nearby pub, with clean facilities, plenty of space and breakfast included, for only £6 more than the cost of the awful room in the backpackers'.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Backpackers Hotel
- St. Ives Backpackers Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Backpackers St Ives, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of beautiful St. Ives and just a few minutes walk away from some of Cornwall's most stunning beaches,coastal walks and local restaurants. If you’re looking for budget accommodation, this centrally located, character filled friendly backpackers hostel is the perfect place to stay whilst enjoying all the beauty St Ives has to offer.We have dorms and private rooms available, large communal area and an open courtyard for catching rays on lazy summer days and scrumptious BBQ’s at night. St Ives is famous for its artistic community and laid back lifestyle and St.Ives Backpackers is an ideal base to explore the many attractions in the area. Maybe a trip to the Tate Gallery or the local artisans, surf the un-crowded beaches, walk the coast path, take a scenic boat ride, the list is endless. At night St Ives has a thriving night scene with many pubs and bars playing host to local musical talent, and restaurants serving mouth watering food prepared by some of the country’s top chefs or maybe just take a leisurely walk by the harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your St. Ives Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.