There was 7 of us and we booked for new years. The position is great for most things, close to the front and the town, parking isnt provided but there is a 24 hour car park nearby.
The room was big enough, we wernt crampt and with very very high ceilings it seemed even bigger. Its an old school building, but it is still kept at a lovely warm temp.
It was a massive place, it was full NYE with 85 people, and still didnt feel full. Theres a large central room, with a pool table, table tennis, tv bit, and ample seating. The loo's and showers were a bit of a trek, but nothing rediculous, and were clean enough. Theres a large courtyard as well which must be lovely during the summer.
The staff were super friendly, always willing to have a chat or just hang out, and made you feel pretty secure, kicking out any non-resisidents pretty sharpish.
Overall a great stay, if i can recommend just one thing, it would be go to St Ives for New Years, you will have the time of your life.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Backpackers Hotel
- St. Ives Backpackers Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Backpackers St Ives, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of beautiful St. Ives and just a few minutes walk away from some of Cornwall's most stunning beaches,coastal walks and local restaurants. If you’re looking for budget accommodation, this centrally located, character filled friendly backpackers hostel is the perfect place to stay whilst enjoying all the beauty St Ives has to offer.We have dorms and private rooms available, large communal area and an open courtyard for catching rays on lazy summer days and scrumptious BBQ’s at night. St Ives is famous for its artistic community and laid back lifestyle and St.Ives Backpackers is an ideal base to explore the many attractions in the area. Maybe a trip to the Tate Gallery or the local artisans, surf the un-crowded beaches, walk the coast path, take a scenic boat ride, the list is endless. At night St Ives has a thriving night scene with many pubs and bars playing host to local musical talent, and restaurants serving mouth watering food prepared by some of the country’s top chefs or maybe just take a leisurely walk by the harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your St. Ives Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.