“Gorgeous Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boskerris Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Ives
Boskerris Hotel
You added Boskerris Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boskerris Road, St Ives TR26 2NQ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in St Ives
London
“Gorgeous Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

I had such a wonderful stay at the Boskerris. I felt totally relaxed as soon as I arrived. Despite a mix-up with dates of the booking (which was totally my fault!), a beautiful room was found for me with the minimum of fuss. The owners & staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful, the food was absolutely fantastic and the rooms were extremely comfortable. I will definitely be back and highly recommend it!

• Liked — Difficult, but the bar & terrace area are great
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
dorking
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

Had a lovely relaxing 4 days here, due to late booking we stayed in 3 different rooms!! Staff were all very kind and moved our stuff each day.
This hotel restored my faith in English hotels!! We have had some dire experiences in the last few years
Celebration room and an ocean view room were wonderful, downstairs room at the front would not be worth not paying the ocean view supplement for the ocean view, a different quality of room.
Lovely easy walk into St Ives - take a torch to get back a tnight though!
Breakfast here is a very different experience than most hotels - it is fabulous food and presentation is wonderful
Restaurants very good in St Ives especially the Porthminster Cafe and the evening meals in the cafe outside the Tate.
Minack theatre a short drive away and magical - especially when the dolphins become the stars!!

• Liked — Beautiful furnishings and lovely breakfasts
  • Disliked — our last night room on the ground floor away from the sea
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

My boyfriend and I truly loved the Boskerris hotel. We stayed in a superior room which from memory was about £180 so it's not cheap but we were only doing one night away. It was a beautiful room - from lying on the bed you could look out the window to the sea. We took taxis to and back from St Ives which was fine. Breakfast was superb - the homemade muesli was delicious! All the staff were extremely friendly and chatty and made us feel very
welcome.

• Liked — The view and the muesli!
  • Disliked — It's pricey... worth it... but pricey.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband booked a surprise weekend away for us and our 7 year old son for my birthday. On arrival we received an extremely warm welcome and the kind hospitality lasted during our two night stay. The entire staff were accommodating and nothing appeared to be too much trouble for anyone. The rooms were lovely, clean and tidy and the public areas, such as lounge and dining room were first class. The choice of breakfast, included in the price, was fantastic and served from 8.30am, so we didn't need to rush in the mornings. Boskerris Hotel is the perfect destination for a romantic weekend away or for a business trip and from our personal experience, children are also made to feel very welcome. We will definately return again. A highly recommended hotel.

• Liked — Fantastic views. Friendliness of staff and owners. Overall great accommodation.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
the little red dot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

A last minute request for a short stay in Cornwall; how lucky we were. This was possibly the best B&B/ hotel experience I've had in the UK. Great location (10 min train ride into St Ives; 5 min walk to the beach) and incredible views on a clear sunny day. Nice, clean rooms, free WiFi, and very pleasant evening drinks on the patio watching the sunset. This was the first time I've ever asked for seconds at breakfast (full English; Yum!); and they happily obliged. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. "Ah'll be back..."

• Liked — the whole ambience
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
middlesbrough cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

This hotel is really lovely we stayed there for 2 nights and the staff were the friendliest most helpful they could be, the food at the hotel is also of a very high standard the breakfast is lovely and the evening meal was also very nice. There is a lovely bar and lounge area to chill out in. Not right in the centre of st ives but very easy to get to and from the the town by train which a short walk from the hotel. Highly recommended!

• Liked — light and airy accomodation, very friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Just got back from my second stay this year at the Boskerris (April and June) and I love it. Oddly I booked my stay there (after reading reviews on this site) as I was, in both April and June, spending a week in Cornwall working - and it looked the like the kind of place you would want to get to after a long day on the road. It doesn't disappoint.
From the moment you walk in you feel as though you are at home. Owners Marianne and John have done the most amazing job. I have never been to the Hamptons or Long Island but I can only imagine that this is what a beach house there would look like. Calming pastel colours, whitewashed floorboards, and airy feeling throughout.
The lounge area is beautiful, sofas to relax on and lots of gorgeous coffee table books to look through while having a nice glass of wine from the small bar overlooking the garden. If you’re lucky George (John's father - this is very much a family business) will serve you a glass and chat away to you. There is a very large outside area to sit and stare at the sea which overlooks the verdant garden with sun loungers. It's all about relaxation here.
Bedrooms - again lovely. Gorgeously decorated (I even took a photo of the bathroom as I need a new one at home and it has given me some ideas!) Beds comfy, sea view, most rooms have Freeview and all have DVD players with a large range of DVDs to borrow from reception of you are looking for a cosy night in.
Restaurant - I have to admit I was keener to eat in St Ives on my first visit to the Boskerris. But by my second night I was so tired after a long day working that I decided to just go for it and so glad I did. Lamb, fishcakes, fresh fish of the day - a very good wide-variety menu and if you're quick enough you can book the table by the main window with a view out to sea. Breakfast is delicious too - most produce are locally sourced. Fantastic muesli. Fresh fruit etc etc Special thanks to Lauren one of the staff in the restaurant - she is a star.
St Ives itself - the Boskerris is just outside St Ives and although I had a car I'm told that it's a 20-30 min walk into town along a lovely coastal road. I hadn't been to St Ives for 20 years and so glad I got to see it again. My restaurant recommendation would be the Seafood Cafe on Fore Street just back from the harbourfront. All fish fresh and worth booking a table - 01736 794 004. I had the same both times I went - fresh fillet of seabass, on mash with mustard sauce and fresh steamed greens. It is also worth not bothering with the packed carparks on the harbourfront (unless you get lucky) but head round the back of the Tate, above Porthmeor beach into the large carpark there and walk five mins back down the hill to the harbour. In any case watching the surfers and the sunset on Porthmeor beach was one of the highlights of my trip.
One very useful thing was that the Hotel has Wifi which, although is not so important to holidaymakers, was indispensable for me to check emails etc. There is also a computer in the reception area to use. Opposite the computer is a wall sized map of Cornwall which is quite unique and gives a great perspective on the area, and highlights places to go and things to see.
Staying on my own in a Hotel for work I usually just head to my room and pass out with exhaustion. But at the Boskerris I felt like I was at home. Some might say that my review is a little over the top in terms of praise, but I can honestly say I have not stayed in a nicer hotel (yet!). I only wish that I could take the Boskerris with me everywhere I travel to, for work or pleasure, and although my two stays were both for work it felt as though I was on holiday. I will definitely be back - but next time for pleasure.

• Liked — The personal touch - nothing was too much trouble.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Boskerris Hotel? Share your experiences!