We have just returned from a one night stay at this delightful hotel and only have the one incident that made us feel uncomfortable.
We had a lovely warm welcome on check in, the receptionist showed us around and we absolutly loved the fact we had a real key to the room rather than a keycard! You can park your car just across from the hotel entrance and there is a limit of ten minutes for unloading. Parking is in a garage opposite and the porter is on hand to help out. Our room had a sea view and has been refurbished to a high standard, the bathroom was wonderful and had a fabulous shower, both the room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable.
Both my husband and I booked a treatment at the spa, a back neck and shoulder massage which we were both looking forward to however we went down to the spa and the receptionist was very aloof and was really quite rude when we asked for a robe only to be told they were only for spa guests, hello,,, we booked treatments!! This made us feel uncomfortable, please send her on a customer service course or get a new receptionist for the spa.
I can't remember the name of lady who did my massage but she was fab and gave a lovely relaxing massage, thankyou! There is a good range of treatments available which do need to be booked in advance. The pool area is clean but could do with more loungers, we wanted to lounge about reading book after our massage. We had a swim in the pool and spent time in the steam room and bubble pool. It is worth mentioning that between certain times children are allowed in the pool area and it got quite noisy.
We had dinner in the evening which was thoroughly enjoyed. A lovely menu in lovely surroundings. I chose scallops to start with harbour fish and chips then a cheeseboard to finish whilst my husband chose mussels to start with loin of pork then chocolate plate to finish. We had drinks before dinner in the lounge and a bottle of wine with our meal. Service was very good and we were not rushed in any way. The waiting staff were very friendly and efficient.
Were were in room 306 and had a comfortable night which was quiet, there is a kettle and tea/coffee for first thing in the morning. Breakfast was rather chaotic however all food is cooked to order so guess that could be the reason why. It was lovely to come down to breakfast and not be greated with pre-cooked food in a buffet. Our order was taken quickly, tea/coffee and white/brown toast and what we would like to be cooked fresh, we helped ourself to cereal and fruit juice before being served. I chose smoked salmon and scrambled egg whilst my husband chose full cornish breakfast, both cooked to perfection and nicely presented.
Checkout was smooth and the friendly porter on hand to help with the car. When we exited our room the housekeeping staff wished us a safe journey home, lovely touch!
It would have been nice if the staff wore name badges then we could give credit where credit was due, all staff however were friendly and made us to feel special and welcome (apart from the receptionist in the spa!)
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster Hotel
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is directly above Porthminster beach, a position which gives stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Harbour Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa will provide the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a deeply relaxing and luxurious Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.