“I really like this place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Manchester
“I really like this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have eaten here a couple of times and the food is really great. I could have picked a few different things off the menu and I am sure they would all be good. You can even buy some of the ingredients from the deli to take home. I don't think it is cheap, but overall good value for money because the food is so good. Certainly worth a try if you want a break from pasties.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wolverhampton, UK
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We just chanced upon this place after looking for somewhere to have a light lunch. I had a delicious and generous portion of the homemade spinach and ricotta tart (beautiful light and crispy pastry) with a wonderful brown rice and grains salad. All the fresh food seems to be made on the premises. The atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly. My only regret was that we were leaving St Ives that day and wouldn't have the chance to repeat my experience or try the other items on the menu. I hope the Digey remains successful so I can revisit it on my return, possibly next year

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, grumpy girl...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We found this place up a side street and were extremely pleased with what we found. Compared to the other lunch offers of stodgy sea food this seemed to be a breath of fresh air for two twenty something girls who like real food! We had a beautiful lunch sat outside. The ingredients were fresh and all worked well together. We had the Cornish Ham Salad and the Selection of Salads. Very reasonable at about £7/8 each. We couldn't rate these dishes higher. One of the most beautiful lunches we have had out in a while. The deli was well stocked and we enjoyed browsing the interesting selection of imported and local products.

We had two people serve us. One man who was really helpful as well as being really knowledgable about the food and alternative things on offer. The girl who served us must have been having a really bad day. Our enthusiasm and politeness did nothing to remove the sour look from her face which really was a shame because aside from this our experience was wonderful. We will definitely come again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“It's all conditions with this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We did not eat or drink here even though it was on our doorstep. We tried to but were told they were only doing drinks with food, then we went back again the next day to get a cup of tea, to be told that they were not doing drinks as but the deli was open. I would not bother with them again even though my house is less than a stones throw away.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver Spring, MD
“Best cream tea....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you've never had a cream tea, you haven't lived. It isn't cream the way we north Americans think of it...thickish but still mostly water. This cream is like, I dont' know, taffy or something. First, you get a hot scone, which is just a lovely light biscuit you might find in North Carolina, then you put on the home made fruit jam, and then you add the taffy-like cream. Plus, you have a steaming pot of tea to go with it. I refuse to think of the calories and so should you. Just once.

Visited July 2013