“Friendly and jovial pub with food.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have been running Blas Burgerworks for the past six years and through a lot of hard work and determination have received quite a few accolades. Many of our awards have been specifically in recognition of our work on sustainability and environmental awareness. Our aims here will be the same, but suited to Halsetown, so - real pub, thoughtful food.”
Rutland, England
“Friendly and jovial pub with food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lovely welcome from the landlord to a bustling pub with lots of customers even at 6pm on a Friday. The menu for a pub was pleasantly different, not a lot to choose from but varied enough for most people. The food was served very quickly and was really enjoyed by our party of four. This place is a new discovery to us and will definitely be revisited.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great food lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We go to Blas every year and love it and wanted to try their other venture. We were not disappointed! There are lots of good restaurants in St Ives but I think Halsetown have got it so right. The menu was not extensive but it is as they say thoughtful. I really enjoyed the food, the staff were friendly and it was worth the drive out of St Ives. We will definitely be back

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing - very limited choice and average environment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch following recommendations. Very disappointing lack of choice. I don't eat beef and don't like garlic, but everything else is fine. Two roasts on offer: one was beef and the other garlic pork. I settled for the fish, but not what I had driven there for at all.
When it came to dessert, a choice of 3 dishes. The only one I fancied was not available.
All in all, a poor experience and one I wont repeat. Save yourself the cost of the petrol and don't bother trying it.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Truro, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service, nice atmosphere and very tasty food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Upon arrival I walked into the front Bar area with welcoming open fireplace, I was greeted by a Cheerful Chap who took my drinks order. There was a great atmosphere with plenty of friendly locals with whom i got chatting with over a drink. I was looking to get a bite to eat so i looked through their menu of locally sourced produce and could not decide between Pork or Beef. I finally decided to try their Trevaskis Farm Beef topside and it arrived very quickly even though many other tables had also ordered food. The well presented ready plated Roast was accompanied by a yummy cheesy leaks, and plenty of veg and potatoes to go with the tender Beef. The attentive smiley waitress was helpful and delivered extra drinks and sauces when required. I found the food and service at the Halsetown Inn to be a comfortable relaxing environment and will be revisiting soon.

• Visited April 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Cosy village pub, excellent contemporary food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful cosy old pub with lovely friendly and welcoming staff. My partner said this was the best gourmet burger he had ever had, and my vegetarian dinner (Turkish rice with roasted beetroot and fennel) was a welcome change to the usual options. Hope to go back when we next visit St. Ives.

Visited April 2013