“Nice friendly restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Royton
“Nice friendly restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Booked in the night before just in case it was busy, arrived to a warm welcome and were seated straight away. The menu is mainly made up of pizza, pasta and steak dishes. I had garlic bread with mozzarella and my husband had a prawn cocktail starter which were both very nice. I then had Penne Carbonara and my husband had the 16oz gammon, both meals were very nice, I left all my mushrooms as I don't like them and as the waitress collected the plates she said I could have asked to leave the mushrooms out which I will remember for next time. We had a nice bottle of white wine and my husband had strawberry creme brulee which he loved. The bill came to £55 which we thought was quite reasonable, we would return for another meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reading, United Kingdom
“Family friendly, welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Visited with our kids (7 and 4) - kids' menu available, the service was friendly and efficient. Pizzas nice but not astounding - perfectly good family fare though. Waitress very kind and helpful when my son dropped and smashed a glass. I had sardines for starter which were nice and we enjoyed the garlic bread - a good doorstep of bread with home made garlic butter. We ate about 6pm and it was quite busy by 7pm - you can book in advance by phone if you want.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bedfordshire
51,781 helpful votes 51,781 helpful votes
“Excellent food served by friendly, efficient staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We visited La Casita twice last week with our two teenage grandsons while staying in Carbis Bay and had very enjoyable meals on both occasions. My husband and one of our grandsons had the fillet steak (cooked to perfection as always) and I had the chicken breast with tarragon sauce, while our other grandson opted for the pasta.

We always look forward to going to La Casita, as it is our grandsons’ favourite restaurant in Carbis Bay. The proprietor and his staff are always friendly, courteous and efficient and the service is excellent.

As I have said before, everything is cooked to order in a very relaxed atmosphere and you are not rushed at all. There is a varied menu covering steaks, fresh fish, chicken, pastas, pizzas etc. and various mouthwatering desserts. However, it is advisable to book in advance, as it is very popular and does get very busy especially during the summer months.

We will definitely be visiting La Casita Restaurant again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St Albans
“Overpriced, bland food....don't bother!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This is going to sound a little snooty, but here goes...perhaps we're a little spoiled living in a fantastic Hertfordshire city near London, with an EXCELLENT choice of superbly priced eateries serving delicious food. This is perhaps why we found La Casita quite disappointing. To start, the garlic bread was presented as a pathetic looking sice of granary toast topped with plastic mozarella. Almost all of the side dishes were extra, the hake i ordered was very bland, the seafood pasta was swimming in a nondescript sauce of a pinkish hue, and worst of all was my son's pizza...i think i've had better value-range grub from my local supermarket. It was awful. Avoid!!!! We're heading into St Ives for our next meal in the hope of erasing this OVERPRICED "restaurant" from my memory.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Congleton, England, United Kingdom
“TASTELESS AND COLD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have visited La Casita tonight for a takeaway meal, please don't bother going here save your money and buy some pizza from Tesco instead they would be nicer and also HOT when you get them out of the oven.
We ordered three pizza's they were slightly warm and pretty tasteless, but worst of all was the Penne Arrabbiata it was completely tasteless all that was in there was pasta and tinned tomatoes and ONE piece of onion and no seasoning or spices even though arrabbiata should contain chillies this one had none. (I KID YOU NOT)
DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY THEY WOULD'NT KNOW ITALIAN FOOD IF IT HIT THEM IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2012