Just returned from this hotel(27march).First time in St Ives,and this hotel was the icing on the cake.Stayed Sunday to Thursday bed & breakfast on a late deal,but would not object to paying full price if asked..Great room on the side and rear of the hotel,32 if available.Beautiful view from lounge and dining room across the bay, and a short walk to the harbour, passing the local train station above the beach which does not intrude on the scenery.The breakfast menu had enough choice to satisfy the heartiest eaters ,from juices and cereals,to a full English.Staff were great ,could not fault them,cleaning,cooking,waiting on and reception. A special mention for Charlotte , who introduced me to a Guinness surger ,listened to my banter,good and bad jokes,always with a smile on her face.(The man with the umbrella with a hole in it).I turned down the part in the next Doc Martin series. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this hotel,and would stay there again. JUNEIL Austin .Stoke on Trent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall