Just returned from a 3 night stay and enjoyed every minute of it. We had a large room and bathroom which were spotless and a large balcony with a good views over Porthminster beach and out to Helston.
The bed was a super king and very comfortable as were the two easy chairs. A well stocked tray of tea,coffee etc was also provided and there was plenty of storage space for clothes etc. We saw no evidence of the hotel being tired either in our room or in the public areas and the gardens were well maintained.
From the time we checked in the staff were friendly and efficient and the breakfast, although self service, is as good as any we have eaten elsewhere as "cooked to order" - and we stay away a lot.
I am approaching 67 years of age and found the walk up from town no problem and in no way is it a slog. Equally, the walk down to the beach is not scary in our opinion and the main road only has one other road joining it which is that coming up from town. The crossing is not dangerous if you walk up the road a few yards from the junction i.e. good road sense.
Would happily return again without any question and have happy memories of our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel
- Chy An Albany
- Chy An Albany St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.