Called in on a Thursday in hope of a room for the night and we were in luck.Got a 'family' room for the same price as a double, nice sized room, very comfortable bed, nice pillows (thankfully not those wafer thin ones you get) room clean though my partner did notice a couple of cobwebs, bathroom spotless,room had bath and good quality shower, TV with freeview, free WIFI, we were only there for a flying visit so I can't comment on the food.Staff were very friendly, the Hotel has a small carpark at the front, with a much larger one at the rear.The town is only a 10 minute walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall