We were here for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the third floor (only accessible by the rather slow lift) and the view over the bay was superb. Our room was clean, spacious and had obviously been fairly recently redecorated. The bed was so comfy! The staff were friendly and happy to help, both on reception and in the dining room. Breakfast was pleasant with plenty of choice, freshly cooked too. We found the location ideal, ten minutes uphill from town and enjoyed the walk in around the bay. Parking was limited at the hotel, that said we didn't have a problem. Our only disappointment was the Lighthouse Bistro. Having read the hotel's description and the menu on their website, we were expecting something a little more special and like a "bistro". Instead, the bistro seemed to be little more than the breakfast room with small candles added to the tables. We did not eat here (I am sure the food was very nice), we headed into town, as we wanted to feel like we had been out for the evening rather than just downstairs to the breakfast room. That said, we enjoyed our stay here and would have liked to have stayed longer. Parts of the hotel are a little worn but to be honest that all added to it's charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall