Stayed for 2 nights B&B in August 2011. 3 Star is about right for this hotel. It was clean and comfortable and seemed well suited to family and mid-budget holidays / breaks in St Ives. Bedroom was a compact twin with fairly small bathroom. No air con. Wifi worked in the public areas but the signal was too weak for bedroom use.
Clean and comfortable with good buffet range breakfast. A number of guests ate at the hotel for dinner but we did not so cannot comment. Polite, friendly and attentive staff.
For our stay, despite booking fairly late via an online booking agency, our twin room, with garden not sea view, cost £130 per night B&B. For the standard of the hotel this was quite expensive in my view but it was in peak season early August so probably the price to pay for peak visiting. The hotel was virtually full so again the price reflects demand perhaps.
St Ives is a delightful place but anywhere away from the water is up quite a steep hill. There was a quite steep slope up to the hotel and stepped entrance at the front. A rear carpark was better suited for anyone with accessibility difficulties. There is a lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall