“million dollar view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 103 St Ives B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“million dollar view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over Dec/new year period, heard all about new years eve in St Ives, fantatic .
Will the manager was very helpful and made the stay enjoyable and couldnt do enough for us, the breakfast was fantastic too, sorry we didnt get the nice ladys name who we chatted to.
The view from our room 1A was fantastic, beach view.
Enjoyed it so much we booked for the next years eve.
Apparently the guest house is having refubishments this year, so can only get even better.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London Town
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went there as a family of four for 4 nights on Boxing day. The first impression was that our rooms were cramped. Not much room to move, not enough room for decent storage of clothes. The beds were comfortable enough but I found it hard to sleep because the noise travels. There is a serious broken gutter so if it rains, it is really noisy. The blinds are inadequate to keep out light. I couldn't get the TV to work, though that didn't bother us as it's not high on our agenda. The toilet didn't flush very well. The shower head needed cleaning. The breakfast was well intentioned, but evidently not from an experienced cook, and we didn't really enjoy it. These all sound really negative, and if they read this, I hope they can address these issues because the people are really nice, helpful and friendly, and the location is fantastic. Overall, if I'd paid half the price I would shrug off the negatives, but in my opinion they just need to address a few details to get a 5 star rating

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We liked how close it was to the station and that it was only a short walk down the hill to everything in the town. The manager William was very friendly and welcoming, breakfast was delicious, and he made us bacon sandwiches to take with us because we were leaving and didn't have time for a full breakfast was great!! Highly recommend this guest house. Our room was lovely, comfy bed and the sea views were awesome. Will definitely stay here again.”

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a lovely time at this guest house with my kids, we had room 6 which was nice and big plenty of room for the 3 of us, breakfast was very nice and the young lady who served it to us was just a star, the room was cold to start but after speaking to William the manager he sorted us a heater out and some extra blankets. all in all a very nice guest house and only 2 mins away from the beach and town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My Partner and I stay at the Carlyon Guest House for 3 Nights in room 1A. Well what can I say " What a view from our room WOW!!" the room was nice and had every think that we needed. the staff are very nice and the young man who looked to be the manager was very helpful, helping us with our very big bags to our room and advising us where to go and eat and trips out, didn't get his name but hope he see this review. I will be returning here as a had a fab time away just wished that our stay was longer with you. I had a quick peek at the review before coming here and the bad reviews I would take no notices as a perfect get away B&B!!

Room Tip: Room 1A had a good view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am a returning customer, who has stayed at the carlyon for three times this year. I was more then surprised to see the big change with regards to the standards and how clean the guest house is now! I was greeted by the manger William who I can not fault, he could not do enough for us. He was extremely welcoming and gave us everything and more we could ask for. The breakfast I feel has improved massively with the quality and presentation, and a wide range of choice. The rooms are small but are cosy and the views are outstanding.

I was looking back at the past reviews and before I would agree with most of the comments however now returning I feel that the new management have really shown the potential of what this guest house has to offer. Although there are still lots of improvements to be done the one I've missed would be to have a evening drink in the bar which is no longer here as it was great way to interact with other guest it's sad that its gone. But I shall return as I was more then impressed with the BIG chances. Well done and thank you for a outstanding stay!

Room Tip: Room 4 has stunning views!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for the weekend, and loved it. Our room was small, but very cosy and clean with comfortable bed and linen. The view from our window was fantastic! Will, the manager was very helpful and efficient, where nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Carlyon Guest House? Share your experiences!