“Normally excellent, but today service was poor.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Henley on Thames
“Normally excellent, but today service was poor.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We look forward to eating here every time we come to St Ives; always pleasant, clean and tasty food.

The food is normally served very quickly and is very tasty and good value.

Our latest visit today (12 Aug), was a little disappointing however. The service was so poor. We walked through the door, all three waitresses looked at us as if we were the biggest inconvenience to them...no greeting and no offer of a table (most were empty). I set the ball rolling and asked if they had a table for 5? The aloof waitress responded with "Yep, you can sit there, if you want". After settling ourselves in, the same waitress all but threw menus on the tables, then walked off again. I had to stop her as she walked back to the bar from another table if we could order some drinks. Again she responded curtly with "let me do this first" (she was walking back with two glasses to the bar).

We got our drinks quickly after that, ordered food and it arrived with its normal speed and excellent quality. We all enjoyed it greatly.

What a shame, as I normally love this place. But it was clear that the owner or a more senior member of staff was not present this lunchtime. I normally can't fault it to be honest.

Yes, I will eat here again in hope of the previous combination of charming service and great quality food - but if the service is a repeat of today then I'd have to call it a day.

Visited August 2014

“Brilliant service/food on a BUSY day. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The clue's in the title. My sister and I have grown up in Devon and Cornwall all our lives. We eat out nearly every week. Visiting a different town each time.
It is summer season and we thought St.Ives. Silly I know. Traffic horrendous, and the harbour itself, absolutely packed to the brim, still, we thought on the off chance to walk in to Caffe Pasta.
Upon arrival we were promptly served, quickly and efficiently, despite how busy the girls were, and had most likely been all day.
We went for the pizzas. Both amazing. Mine was a mushroom/rocket based one, (I can't remember the name), and my sister, the one containing anchovies. Home made, possibly hand stretched and full of flavour. If I was being picky, maybe put tomato sauce on the base of all the pizzas.
If you grab it, the table for two just in the entrance on the right is a great table. Views of the harbour, with the fresh air wafting in.
Clean restaurant, including the toilets. Will definitely be returning again. All in all a job well done. And worth the prices.
Pasta next time. It looked gorgeous.

“Great location and even better food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Highly recommended. £8-9 a pizza or pasta dish, great views of the harbour and best coffee in St Ives. Good idea to book in peak season.

Chorley Lancashire
“Great Family Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Glad we booked as got the last table of the night at 5.30pm and the restaurant was full in minutes. We had squid, garlic bread, kids pizza, seafood pizza and crab linguine. Our son had home made chocolate/praline and banoffee ice cream - delicious and nice that he couldn't eat it all as we did! All hot and tasty with quick family friendly service, good value for money. Great views of the harbour and pier, ask for a table with a view as lovely to watch the world go by.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Uk - Suffolk
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have eaten here a few times now. Booking is worthwhile, although we managed to walk in for lunch at 1.30. I think we were lucky. The food is very fresh, the service is good and they had a nice wine list. Our children found plenty that they liked with pizza and pasta. I had a lovely soup and salad and my husband had salt and pepper squid with salad. We shared a delicious chic tart and clotted cream for pud whilst the children played on the beach outside.

• Visited August 2014